Author Topic: MR Replica but just a little longer  (Read 14973 times)

stevesjem

Re: MR Replica but just a little longer
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 06:16:24 am »
Thanks guys
I must admit, I am getting a little overwhelmed by all of your comments, However they are very much appreciated, The customer now has his bow and was very happy, even though he could only get it back to 27", but he will get there.

Cheers

Steve

Offline Badger

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 11:03:14 am »
   If he only got it back to 27" I doubt he will ever get it back to 35" without the use of steroids and an intense weight training program. I hope someday we hear of what that bow can do at full draw. Steve

stevesjem

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 12:01:12 pm »
Hi Steve
i am absolutely sure he will get it back, This guy is about 6'8" and very braod, this bow has all early draw weight and that's what stopped him, 1 more inch and he was at the point where he can roll into the bow and use his back and shoulders to do the rest, If I though he couln't do it then I very much doubt that I would have made it for him ;)

Steve

Offline Badger

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 12:07:42 pm »
Thats good to hear, we had a gentleman who was taking one of his kids to archery lessons, this guy was 6'8" tall and nearly as wide, a big englishmen who carried the name Archer. I always wondered what this guy could actually draw if he ever decided to pick up a bow. I am rooting for him!!! Steve

Offline mole

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 06:46:39 pm »
Truely one of the most beautiful bows I've ever seen.  Very inspiring.

Wheres an armor-clad frenchman when you need him?

lmao

John
Northeast Georgia

Offline Shaun

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 08:31:37 am »
I believe that is the sweetest "arc of the circle" tiller I have ever seen! Well done sir!

stevesjem

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 01:19:43 pm »
Thank you Shaun.

Steve

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 07:58:37 pm »
Very nice! When dealing with the heavier draw weights and yew wood is it necessary to get it down to one growth ring of the sapwood?  Most of the guys that make yew bows around here are violating the growth rings on the backs of the bows.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

stevesjem

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 06:19:09 am »
Very nice! When dealing with the heavier draw weights and yew wood is it necessary to get it down to one growth ring of the sapwood?  Most of the guys that make yew bows around here are violating the growth rings on the backs of the bows.
It certainly helps with the bow integrity, however when the rings are real close it can be quite difficult