Author Topic: snub from santa, vixen, dancer, and rudolph  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Postman

snub from santa, vixen, dancer, and rudolph
« on: December 27, 2008, 12:33:42 pm »
I've been chasing 2 does and a yearling button, and a spike for most of the season in the Nat'l forest across the road from my property. I've passed on the button 3 times, hoping to get a shot at a larger doe or spike for my first trad deer.  The spike that hung out with them was shot by a neighbor on muzzleloader opening day, and I had the button 15 feet from me 2 weeks ago as i sat against a stump - he snorted, and ran through his momma and aunt like a linebacker , scaring them all off before I could shoot. I've had more fun hunting trad only this year than most i've actually scored, though! 

So the wife comes home yesterday from work at 7 AM  - says "Guess what was just in the yard by your target?"....

OK - EATING my hay bales????? REALLY SANTA?   C'MON!...  (look at bottom RH corner closely about an inch from the edge)

of course  kids think it's soooo cooool........ ;D  tracks are EVERYWHERE in the yard - 2 medium sets, 1 small.....

Hope you all had a good xmas too!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 12:37:32 pm by Postman »
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline sailordad

Re: snub from santa, vixen, dancer, and rudolph
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 10:01:49 pm »
atleast you know where to sit now,and you should be usedto shooting in that spot :D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline stickbender

Re: snub from santa, vixen, dancer, and rudolph
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 11:37:20 pm »

All ranged in and everything......Here, stand riiiiight here.  Thanks, this will only take a minute......Twang! ;D

Wayne