Linked Events

• Annual Tennessee Classic: May 01, 2009 - May 03, 2009

Author Topic: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming  (Read 419903 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming
« Reply #555 on: February 23, 2009, 08:54:44 am »
I think that town is spelled Chapmansboro, Tn...
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #556 on: February 23, 2009, 09:10:11 am »
You are right as usuall GregB. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #557 on: February 24, 2009, 08:39:45 am »
So...who's going to work on bow's during the Classic?  ;D
Greg

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #558 on: February 24, 2009, 12:41:50 pm »
I always threaten to, but I drive 6 hours down there to see people and do stuff that I can't at home. I always seem to have too many other things I want to do down there to ever get much done on a bow. I work on them when I get back home. I may try again this year, though.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline gothmog

« Reply #559 on: February 24, 2009, 03:18:16 pm »
Thats the plan for both my daughter and I.  What else is going on?  This being our first time, we'd like to do as much as possible.  That said, I've made 3 board bows already and will have 2 more finished before we get there, and tillering is always a problem for me.  Would like to pick up some knowledge from this event to make this bow making thing easier, not to mention making a bow from a stave instead of a board if I can find one.  Besides bow making and shootin, what else can we do and learn?  Thanks!

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #560 on: February 24, 2009, 03:57:09 pm »
Flintknapping, arrow making, heat bending wood, Partying, Music being played, great food being cooked and made, forest to walk through, side events, archery practice and events, arial targets, good company, vendors, more, more and more!!!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #561 on: February 24, 2009, 04:46:50 pm »
David, you forgot to mention the camp fire to stand around and watch! That's one of my favorite past-times! ;D

David covered a lot of it. We have a couple of practice ranges, and a 40 target 3D course that the actual shoot will be held on. There may be some string making going on as well. What you don't see happening, you can ask questions about, because there will be a lot of experienced bowyers there...many from the PA forum.

The fact that this event has turned into our largest for the year by far and continues to get bigger each year accounts to the fact that folks are having a good time I think... :)
Greg

Offline cracker

« Reply #562 on: February 24, 2009, 05:05:17 pm »
This is an unsolicited endorsement for the TN Classic. I went last year and had a good time. Free camping good food nobody gouging you for money although I was pleased and honored to throw some bucks in the donation jars to help with food sanding belts saw blades and what not. I also took some cuts of meat which I gave to the cook to use as he saw fit and he didn't let me down. Will I be back this year, definately unless something bad happens to stop me. If there is anyone in the Dublin GA area who would like to share a ride let me know I'll be leaving on Monday and returning on Sunday.
Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #563 on: February 24, 2009, 06:12:47 pm »
...and don't forget the selfbow challenge! For a nominal fee you get a hickory stave and help from many wood bowyers as you build yourself a bow. On Sunday you can shoot your new bow in a competition against other self bow challenge participants.  8) This way you can try a stave and have all the help you could need right there with you.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline david w.

« Reply #564 on: February 24, 2009, 06:17:26 pm »
I dont know what I am going to do.  Hopefully I have my elm stave into a bow by then and I will be bringing down Saw Filers bow to shoot(Love it! ;D)  I will be bringing my flintknapping stuff.
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline DanaM

« Reply #565 on: February 24, 2009, 07:38:59 pm »
I'm just going to be my Yooper self and do whatever tickles my fancy ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #566 on: February 24, 2009, 09:39:40 pm »
 Hillbilly and Pat and Koan ought to bring all those Friendship Bows with them and me and Pappy can finish them while you guys do what you do every day at home. ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline gothmog

« Reply #567 on: February 24, 2009, 10:41:38 pm »
40 target 3d course, definately.  Selfbow challenge, DEFINATELY.  Just got started knapping, got some tools and rock for Christmas andwould love to participate in that and learn.  Really been wanting to start shooting aerial targets.  Arrow making would be great to see, save some bucks.  And I would love to be able to heat bend some of my self bows...  We need more than a weekend.

Offline RG

« Reply #568 on: February 24, 2009, 11:31:46 pm »
Don't forget about the toilet bowl knapp off championship Ask Cowboy the winner gets great prizes

Ron

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #569 on: February 25, 2009, 12:27:51 am »
Yep! Thats a really crappy event!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill