Author Topic: Blossom; A Dogwood Bow  (Read 29412 times)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Re: Blossom; A Dogwood Bow
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2009, 11:33:57 am »
would like to see that beautiful medicine bow with some freshelk blood on her ;D ;D great craftsmenship brother... truly remarkable! Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Postman

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 11:35:24 am »
simply outstanding! love the antler tips, handle, artwork.....everything!
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 11:57:46 am »
Greg your blossom is art in motion,a functioning beauty I say!This bow ,I think reflects the kinda person you are,and how can ya top that? Too cool.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 12:58:57 pm »
Love the grip work Greg. The art works nice also! Great job.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2009, 01:14:12 pm »
Greg, she surely is a beauty, and way to get your son involved, but I got to ask.....Did any of that Johnstone get in there? Thats the last thing I seen em knappin in the pit... :D......Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline ravenbeak

• Pacific Yew Wood
    • Ravenbeak Natureworks
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 01:45:55 pm »
Well done Greg, 

she is a thing of beauty that's for sure.  I love the tips.

I'll be thinking of it when the dog woods start to blossom soon.

come on spring.

love the painting too

cheers,
Jamie
Custom Yew Bows,  and bow making workshops
www.ravenbeak.com

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2009, 02:13:07 pm »
Thank you everyone! Gordon, thanks and congrats again on you BOY win with your beautiful bow!

Thanks Auggie, the feelings mutual with you guys! Koan, I might have some of that Johnstone in there...an opportunity for another sense besides just visual to come into to place...what's that smell!  ;D

Thanks Hawk, that would be the plan...I think some blood stain would compliment the bow for sure and add to its "mojo"! ;)

Dana, it also doubles as a good back scratcher... as long as it doesn't bring blood that is! :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 03:54:39 pm by GregB »
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

mepub

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2009, 02:24:46 pm »
Well I am glad I didn't give up on trying to register....beautiful bow!  Loved the texture of the wood and the bow tips.  Very interesting write up and story.  We were both impressed with the arrowhead on the bow and the 30 year memory.  Jamison is indeed a fine artist, you should let him do the lettering next time...hint. Also thought the shots of the bow in natural vegetation were excellent and very professional!  Neal would love to see this bow, you should email him. Thanks for asking us to look at it!  Don't know who the older, little overweight archer model with the gray streaks in his hair is in the last picture but he did a nice job :-)

Mojo's brother-in-law

Bowbound

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2009, 03:54:22 pm »
Man those tips are just beautiful...

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2009, 03:59:13 pm »
Thanks Nils's! Maybe Jamison could be inspired by your Uncle Frank's paintings sometime if he gets the chance to come up and visit. He's been more then hinting to come visit yall again...gotta love that Maine coastline! ;)

Thank you Josh! My friend Shannon deserves at least half the credit with the results of the tips...maybe a little more then half. :)
Greg

TOMMY TWO ARROWS

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2009, 05:10:05 pm »
Hey Greg, I can see why that Blossom bow is your favorite now. The whole bow is sure knarly. That could of been a good name for her. Can I fling a few with her in the spring?? I'm in luv I think with her. Tell your son the blossom looks real and your pics are great.

Tommy Two Arrows

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2009, 05:27:18 pm »

Thanks Tommy, I'll tell him. If you come to the Classic, look me up and you can shoot it as long as you're not 7'-6" with a 30+" draw. ;D
Greg

Offline Keenan

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 09:12:38 pm »
 Wow Greg that is a true bar raiser. One of the most unique bows that I've seen in a long time. Great story and excellent package all the way around. The tips are awesome and the handle wrap one of the nicest that I've seen. The authentic arrowhead to connect the past with the present makes it a truly special bow. Congratulations.      Keenan

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 09:28:00 pm »
Just thought I would add my WOW to all the WOWS!Sweet looking bow love all of it,Thanks for sharing Hammertime

Offline Little John

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 09:46:17 pm »
Greg, just too cool. Ditto what every one else has said about this fine bow. I thought maybe you were making a dogbane string for it just to match the arrow head holding string. ( just joking )  Again, very nice job and especially like the grip.      Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell