Author Topic: arrows in the mail..  (Read 3322 times)

Shooter_G22

arrows in the mail..
« on: January 16, 2009, 02:41:17 am »
today i went and picked up some arrows that i got in trade from Chessieboy,

and well i just wanted to come on here and brag on that >:D >:D

i have to say that i really liked the arrows and i got to shoot a few today indoors and here in my living rood at a starafoam target from walmart...  aaahhh   the comfort of living alone in a bachlor apt... lol...   yup i can shoot arrows in my living room with out hearing it from the old lady...lol... :D :D :D

actually i have been divorced for over 10 yrs...   soo no real big deal there... just rubbing it in a little bit...lol..

anyway back to topic...   i  really like the arrows that chessieboy sent me...  thanks Bill,
i didnt not shoot all of them but i have to say the 4-5 that i did shoot,  shot really well and very accurate.... i mean almost pin point accurate...  and i nailed the little dot on the inside of the bulls eye several times with several differant arrows...   now to me thats a great set of arrows....   and they are very simple arrows shafts are of wood shafting dotn know if they are cedar or what basic shafting with a solid greyish / green type full length dip and 5" sheild cut feathers yeelow with a white cock feather... whit plastic nocks   no crest or anything fancy...   just well spine matched and weight matched and balanced matched set....   nothing fancy just a very functional set of arrows... i like them very much...   i will try and get some pics posted later...

i guess im really gonna have to get a scale and a spinetester..   if im ever gonna want to be able to make arrows of this quallity...

this arrow set is made to be shooters....  they are not much to look like but wow do they shoot!!!

and actually to me it makes them look all the more beautiful knowing that they perform that well.... ;) ;) ;D ;D

Offline Cromm

Re: arrows in the mail..
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 06:41:53 am »
Ok they are not lookers but preform real well.............PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Shooter_G22

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 07:37:28 pm »
maybe thrid times a carm???

ive been trying to post this lets see if it goes throught htis time...!

well lets try this again...  ( i had a whole bunch of test earlier but it didnt go through)

what i did is take four shots at the target i pulled random arrows from the batch of the doz...  i shot at the first 2 top targets and then turned the target once to the right to have one of the bottom target up on top and shot it... and then turned the targer once mor to the right to have the other bottom target up on top... and shot it... i say that so it will explain the differant angles of the arrows in the target... ( make sense )  ???  anyways...   i really like the arrows and i think they shot very well...
  shots were taking from my 55# bear recurve...   from about 10 yrds or soo   i know that very close range but it was indoors in my apt.. soo space was an issue i have yet to take them out to get some distance withthem...but if weather allows i might have to take them into the woods and do some real shooting with them this weekend... ;)   but even at close range i think they are very good shooters... ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Shooter_G22

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 07:42:05 pm »
i did not take my time on those shot i just pulled and released kind of a quick draw shot...  i think they do very well...

anyways here is a pick of them in by the doz... in a self quiver...

Shooter_G22

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 07:44:26 pm »
and a pic of one full lenght...

Offline Cromm

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 08:48:31 pm »
Good shooting and great arrows!!!! Enjoy and best of luck with them!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Shooter_G22

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 05:50:08 pm »
thanks cromm,

i really like them and i just wanted to show them off a little bit... and give credit where credit is due..   and i think chessieboy did and excellant job on them and for me it was a good trade...  ;D

im verry happy with them...   hope i dont end up loosing or breaking them all..   i'm going to have to fend off the wolves on these arrows...  ( wolves = the boys from the Dirty Dawgz youth team) 

they are here for the week end and outside working on some P/A projects...  but the first thing they saw when they walked in was the arrows... :o 

they were like    "  awww   :o   we  got new some new arrows!!!!  "   and i was like hey hey hey... get your paws off them arrws boys... thems aint for shooting stumps and  rocks  n missing the targets...  lol...   you keep up with them dowel arrows and then we will see about issueing something better like them comp arrows later on...   :D

they were like..  were getting better!!! coach...    i was like yea you are but not quite ready for them yet...   

we have been working on geting some arrows made up and by the advice of some of the archers here that told me if i make them make there own then they would keep up with and take better care of them...   its true !!!   i have issued them all four 5/16" oak dowels each and have had them work them into some decant arrows... plastic nocks and i have had them cut some goose feathers that   "Little John"   sent us a while back and some turky bar nock feathers from a turky my uncle nailed with his .308 for me on a dear hunt i told him if he sees a turky nail it cuase i need the feathers...  soo he did and i got all the feathers soo we have a couple of feather choppers we got on trade from nugget and they have been turning the dowels to arrows but i tell you what...   ever since they have been issued and have been working on and shooting there own arrows now...   they all still have four arrows a piece... and either all in tact or some still in the building stage...  but they havent lost or broken any as of yet...   sooo making them build there own definantly works for making them take better care of them... ;D :D :D