Author Topic: Training for an Ash Warbow I made!!...(Pics)  (Read 13414 times)

Offline Asiertxu

Re: Training for an Ash Warbow I made!!...(Pics)
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 11:46:48 am »
Hey Warbow Fellows!! Thanks alot for all your inputs!! MUCH APRECIATED... :D ;)..

Hellow Mike! I havenīt shoot her yet as I only have been playing arrown a little with it but for sure Iīll report distances etc that this Ash bow is capable to achieve, and a video too..THANKS!

Hi Ian!! Thanks mate for your input!

Hey Et_tu_brute!! I manage just to do the oposite as you try to do...hehehe... I try to lock up my bow arm stright to get a longer draw but at the moment havenīt get it...

What is best, to keep your bow arm completelly stright or slyghtly bent at full draw??

Hi Ronnie!!...hehehehe..Thankyou mate and thanks for your input!!

Hey Sailordad!...I weight some thing more than this bow..hehehe... ;)...but it is just technic, practice a nd a little of patiance...Cheers..

Hi Daniel!...Yes mate,  if I get to lower up a bit and roll back my draw arm I think that is possible, that what Iīll hope to do next!!..;)...Cheers...

Hey Steve!!...THANKS ALOT for your valuable input and advice! much apreciated. Cheers...

Hi Alan!..Thank you so much for your support here!...Yes, I know 32" in draw length is only a rough standard but even so Iīll see if I can get it basck an inch or so..:D...THANKS FELLOW!!...

Thanks alot both Joe and Justin!!...;)...cheers fellows..

Well, I think itis moment to show you all up, specially to you Joe M as you requested me for it;), my slightly different trining technic.

Please, donīt laugh about it!!!!!...hehehehe..;):D...DIFFERENT BUT IT WORKS FOR ME..;)..

Cheers...
Asier.
//Asier from "Basque Country" Spain.

triton

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 12:05:13 pm »
 ;D can you do push ups in that position?

from what I can make out, if your bow arm is too straight, the string hits your arm or bracer which reduces string speed for the last inch or two of its travel.  bent too much and you lose draw length.  But I may be wrong  ;)

Offline Et_tu_brute

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 12:18:16 pm »

Hey Et_tu_brute!! I manage just to do the oposite as you try to do...hehehe... I try to lock up my bow arm stright to get a longer draw but at the moment havenīt get it...

What is best, to keep your bow arm completelly stright or slyghtly bent at full draw??

Hey Asier, I think it's better to have a slight bend in your bow arm, the way yours is looks perfect to me, I need to try and do the same thing.

skerm

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 01:46:20 pm »
If you have the arm to straight, you're elbow will take some punishment when you shoot. I think that was a mistake I made recently cause when I tried to draw my bow yesterday I felt a sharp pain begin at 20" draw, so I put the bow down and I'll rest.
By the way, nice top!  :D

Daniel

Offline Asiertxu

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 10:08:28 am »
Hey fellows!
Thanks alot for your all answers. ;) :D

Hey Mike!
I havenīt tried it yet, to do push up in that position of mine in the video, but with some of practice Iīll hope to so at least a few!!..hehehe...
Thanks  to clear me up the thing about the bow arm slightly bent, I does alot of sense what you said mate! :)..THANKS!

Hi Et_tu_brute!

Hey Asier, I think it's better to have a slight bend in your bow arm, the way yours is looks perfect to me, I need to try and do the same thing.

Thanks so much for the tip fellow!!..now Iīm more confident with my technic... ;) :D..THANKS ALOT!!

Hey Daniel!
If you have the arm to straight, you're elbow will take some punishment when you shoot. I think that was a mistake I made recently cause when I tried to draw my bow yesterday I felt a sharp pain begin at 20" draw, so I put the bow down and I'll rest.
By the way, nice top!  Cheesy

Daniel

Thanks mate!...hehehe.. :D..Ihavenīt experienced something like thaīt now I think Itīs because of my slyghtly bent bow arm!!
Thanks fellow!

See you all!
Cheers...

Asier.
//Asier from "Basque Country" Spain.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 10:34:00 am »
very cool bow brother. looks like a real shooter. Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Joe M

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 08:42:54 pm »
Ahhh, the ol' standing on the hands training.  Thanks Asier... :)  I have to admit I was expecting something
different,,, and well,,, I wasn't expecting that and that's certainly different!  Thanks my friend! :)

Offline heavybow

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 11:19:47 am »
Asier nice bow. Marlon