Author Topic: New Wall Hung Display Case  (Read 5544 times)

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
New Wall Hung Display Case
« on: January 28, 2009, 03:19:36 pm »
Here is a new 16 x 16 glass front display case that is headed up to Dana in Michigan.   I'd be interested in making more if trades can be arranged.  It has a slide in back and is foam lined with a velvet cover.   The points or tools lay on the velvet and the glass holds them in place with no glue, etc.   

Have fun Dana.......one more nail hole in the wall!!   

Piper

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 04:03:59 pm by islandpiper »

Offline DanaM

Re: New Wall Hung Display Case
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 06:48:56 pm »
Ohhhhhhh looks nice now all you knappers need to send me points to fill it ;D Please may I have some points :-*
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline islandpiper

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 07:59:13 pm »
Dana!!!   I thought you already had the points.  You knew what size you wanted.....I figured you had a collection already.  Now I find out you are still .......uh......collecting.  Well, guys, he has a 16 x 16 space to fill.  The foam padding is 1" thick so no points over 1/2" thick anyway. 

This is a sort of neat design.  The points or tools or whatever simply lay on the velvet in the back frame, and the glass and front frame are set over the whole thing.  The four wooden pins press into holes and in doing so, compress the assembly together.  This way the points don't have to be glued in or fastened, they just "settle" into the foam/velvet. 

This one is mahogany, but I could build in what ever wood is desired.  No sales here on the site I guess, so I'd trade for things i need. 

The devil is in the details........the bugger is done ready to ship.   The big chore is finding a bos big enough without being way too big.  Maybe tomorrow. 

piper

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 10:13:34 pm »
I'm interested, That's a real pretty case. I'd be interested in a 20"x20'. I don't care about wall hanging. I'm just getting too many points.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:14:49 pm »
     And Dana just finished painting that wall for the Wife...... I guess he had better send it to me, since he doesn't it to be any colder than it is already, up there.  If he puts a hole in that wall, he may need more than snowshoes.  Like maybe a big insulated dog house...... ;D ;D
                                                                               Wayne

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 08:04:08 am »
Kieth I have a few points :'( Eddie seeing as you have so many I know of a good home for some ;)

Wayne I already told the wife that the pictures of kids aren't going back up, but the display box, drum, atlatl and bows are arrows are >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline islandpiper

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 08:10:39 am »
Dana, a couple of big light bulbs in the dog's house will help warm it up.  Tie a bandana over your eyes so you can sleep, and if you cover your ears you won't hear the dog snore. 

Spring is on the way, just a four more months or so. 

piper

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 08:53:23 am »
Dana:  Sorry to hear about the potential dog house!  Guess that's better than the walking stick treatment!  Maybe if you are lucky all those fellows that appreciate the work and effort you put in on the Xmas trade would send a point or two your wife would be proud to let you desecrate the new paint job.  I would like to be the first to offer one if you would like!  Watcher
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 09:25:21 am »
By all means Joe, I have one of your points already but more is better. Just send it addressed to Barb, guys that way
she will think their hers and she will be the one pounding nails in the wall ;D What a devious mind I have eh >:D

Manistique, MI

Offline stickbender

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 12:27:17 pm »

Careful Dana, she might read this forum.  As for putting on a bandanna, and wearing ear plugs, I think it is the dog who would be more likely to need them...... ;D  Well Dana, If I ever get half way decent at knapping I will send you some.  But suppose she wants to put HER points, in a cookie tin?  Or......Give them to the Grand Kids...... :o  But I think that you should get some nice points, because you donated those arrows, for the bow that was given away to a very lucky Kid.  I mean, hey, Cowboy, and Jamie, and Knapper, Hill Billy, and others on here,seem to spew them out like a gumball machine....... ;)  Soooo, it would be a nice gesture, and it would certainly inspire You to get hooked on this too.  Well, there, that is settled, now about this world peace thing...... ;D

Wayne

Offline DanaM

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 12:41:32 pm »
No grand kids yet Wayne, thank God. At least the dog would have warm feet :P

As for world peace we won't see that until all the people are dead and gone :D

Manistique, MI

Offline sailordad

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 09:55:52 pm »
No grand kids yet Wayne, thank God. At least the dog would have warm feet :P

As for world peace we won't see that until all the people are dead and gone :D

dana,  i agree on both points you made there ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 12:15:54 am »
i might like to get one of those maybe we could work something out.
Mililani Hawaii