Author Topic: elavation???  (Read 3128 times)

Offline ryanfromcanada

elavation???
« on: March 08, 2009, 08:56:24 pm »
hi,
im currently shooting a 25# flat bow and im almost always perfect windage wise but my elavation always off.

how can i remedy this

thank you

Offline sonny

Re: elavation???
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 09:10:02 pm »
raise your bow hand .......
 ::)
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline ryanfromcanada

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 11:05:44 pm »
sorry that came across wrong, what i meant is that my elevation is inconsistent im shooting over and under at any given distance

Arthur Herrmann

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 11:22:07 pm »
Check arrow weight. If your arrows are too light, and others too heavy, it is almost impossible to get a good grouping.

Also, keep shooting. Watch your anchor. I anchor with my middle finger on my teeth, between the vampire tooth and the one behind it. If you vary too much up and down, that will affect elevation.

Practice until you get stronger. Make stronger, faster bows. The faster the bow, the less you have to deal with elevation, unless you are shooting long range shots.

Also practice.

When you done practicing, I would advice practicing some more.

And more practice.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 11:55:36 pm »
I am no expert brother... but you could try making sure you draw to the same point each time, and try pointing your shoulder at the target while drawing and  keep this position until after the arrow strikes.... by doing this you will be in aligment the same each shot.. no matter the positon you are in when you make the shot.. works for me, this is considering your arrows are all about he same weight and spine.. Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston