Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 313046 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 11:09:11 am »
Thanks, me also on the looks nice but selfbow.Maybe get it started after Christmas sounds good to me.Lots going on the rest of the month,I am sure for everyone.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 12:13:16 pm »
Sounds like alot of fun. Count me in.       Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

mnewcomb59

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 01:24:26 pm »
I would also like to do this. Hmm.... which stave to use though? lol

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 08:04:07 pm »
  When are we going to get started?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 12:33:52 am »
Eddie, I was just thinking it was time. I'm having a hard time finding a stave that is appropriate. All I have is wet mulberry. :P Anybody up for a trade.  Ill put a list together of participants and we can decide on an order to send them.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Keenan

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 12:32:45 pm »
 Better pencil me in on this Justin sounds like fun........Keenan

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 12:55:10 pm »
OK the list. If anyone wants to change the order just let me know. I just put them down in the order you posted.
Pat B.   
Hillbilly   
Mullet   
Pappy   
Koan    
Bornagainprimitive   
Justin Snyder
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 04:24:26 pm by justin snyder »
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2007, 01:02:29 pm »
I have lots of wood...some good and some not-so-good. I'm up for whatever!   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 01:36:13 pm »
OK now the serious business. 
1) Send a PM to the person before you on the list, include your name and address. They will be forwarding the bow to you when they finish their part.
2) Pick a stave of your choosing, a little character is OK. (no snakey or extremely difficult staves please) Determine the draw weight and length you would like.
3) Send your stave to the person after you. Include a paper with the draw length and weight. Make it a decent sized paper. I would like each person to tell what they did and sign it. When the bow is finished you will have a record (birth certificate) of your bow signed by our friends at PA who worked on it. This will also help them to see the vision you had for the bow. I think it would also be helpfull if you PM the person after you when you send something out. This will let them know something is on the way.  We would like this to happen in a timely manner so complete and send on as fast as you "reasonably" can.

Now the fun part. When you get the project you get to decide on the bow design. Rough it out, If you wish you can recurve the tips, shorten the bow (keeping draw length in mind of course) whatever you wish.  Then forward to the next person on the list.  You can do whatever you feel is appropriate, except removing work from the others.  I also think it would be fun to take pictures of the project before you pass it on. When we are finished we will do a post for each bow and you can include your pictures and tell what you did on the bow.

If you have any other suggestions now is the time to be heard.  Justin

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 05:13:01 pm »
OK Hillbilly, I guess I should send you wood that you didn't send to me. I'll pick through my heap and see what I can come up with.
  ...so, everyone here will pick a stave and send it on to the name below his. Is that right?   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2007, 05:58:58 pm »
Yes that is correct. Send to the person under you, and since I'm at the bottom Ill send to Pat at the top.  Make sure you include draw length and draw weight.  Justin

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 06:29:16 am »
OK justin I found it,so let me get this straight I send a stave to Koan.I'm pretty thick headed just want to make sure I do this wright.It will be next week before I can get mine out.I am leaving town .Hope this don't mess things up,but we have talked about this for months and it all came together real quick.I still have a knife to get out this week and will be gone for one so I will get it out asap.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 06:45:08 am »
How far are we going on each step.When I get the stave do I just debark,[it's going to be Osage]
lay it out  and send it on or can I cut it out and floor tiller or get a string on it? Don't want to do to much but want to do my share.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2007, 08:51:22 am »
Pat, you want to meet somewhere 'stead of spending twenty bucks to mail a log twenty miles?
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 09:58:02 am »
Pappy, yes Koan. I think you can get to floor tiller.  That will basically let the first person decide on the design of the bow. I think you guys need to decide how much work to do.  Do we want each bow to make it all the way around the circle (the 8th person finishing it before it comes to you), or do we finish within a couple of people (save on shipping)? Are you interested in finishing the bows immediately then have the remaining guys work on arrows?  Lets hear your opinions. Justin

SW Utah