Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 313916 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2007, 10:35:36 am »
It sure doesn't matter to me,I hate finish and grips so I will probably just pass it own except
the ones I have to do.I can do it but it ant my favorite part.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2007, 11:11:39 am »
Yea Steve, We will work something out. I can maybe bring to campas or we can meet on the Parkway, like before. I don't think my war bow will be done in time or I could just shoot the stave across ther mountain.  Do you have a preferance for bow type or wood.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007, 11:42:18 am »
Pat, whatever you want. I'm equally adept at breaking, splintering, folding, spindling, and mutilating any type of wood lol.

Justin, I kind of like the idea of everyone doing a bit of work on the bow, I'd like to end up with one that everybody had a hand on, if possible- kinda seems like the whole point of the thing  to me.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2007, 12:07:31 pm »
  I agree with Hillbilly, LOL  "I'm equally adept at breaking, splintering, folding, spindling, and mutilating any type of wood lol"   Hey I think I can do this part to; Take a perfectly good stave and add "character flaws"    LOL  Just kidding all though I have done that more than I care to addmitt..
 I think Hillbilly is right, if each person dose "something"  It will give more character and personallity to the bows. I would be proud to carry a bow that was built by the bowyers of PA.
 Also part of the fun will be the anticipaition of seeing how the bow comes back trasnformed. I think this also might challenge a few of us to work wood that we haven't done befor,,,"Gulp"    Keenan

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2007, 01:07:24 pm »
Keenan, I just hope I don't "transform" any of 'em to kindling lol. So who wanted a twenty-pounder for rabbit hunting? ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2007, 02:53:30 pm »
  LOL   Hey Hillbilly we all need ta hav a wabbit bow wif our cowections. Heck right now I'm still a restlin with the forty pounders The sturnum seems to be doing ok just got some muscle attreffy going on.   Keenan

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2007, 05:25:09 pm »
Pappy, did you catch that. Probably just lay it out and remove a bunch of the extra wood, then pass it on.  We want to have enough work for each person to work on it.  There are 9 of us so 8 guys will work on each bow, then send it to the owner.  I noticed over on the community bow that they had tiller and sanding before tip overlays.  Nothing wrong with that but I do mine after floor tiller so I can cut my nocks and string it. I thought about laying out the steps, to give us an idea what each guy should do so we have enough work to make it through 8 people. Each bow could be different though so I didn't know how to address that without dictating style. Any ideas?????  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

mnewcomb59

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2007, 05:56:16 pm »
Hey guys sorry but I gotta back out... I have lots of stuff going on right now and idk if I can fit this in somehow without holding up the whole circle.

Matt

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2007, 07:04:18 pm »
Make that 8 of us.
Koan, I guess that means you are sending yours to Bornagainprimitive (Kenneth)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2007, 07:08:08 pm »
Hey guys sorry but I gotta back out... I have lots of stuff going on right now and idk if I can fit this in somehow without holding up the whole circle.

Matt
Matt, sorry to hear that, I know how busy life gets and I understand completely.  Maybe next time you will have time to do it.  Justin

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2007, 10:51:16 pm »
  Well I think everybody here has seen each others bow's and know what everybody has to offer.After all it's not like we are going to work on just one bow.I think everybody will know when to put it down and pass it along ;)Towards the end we might have to pass them twice ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2007, 01:23:09 am »
Well.... Im feelin a little insecure here, being the newbe and all, but Im ready to give it a go. Might have to put ya'll on speed dial to get thru it :D
   Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2007, 02:15:17 am »
Matt, Sorry you are backing out but I understand. We will do this again so keep allert.
   Brian. Just go with the flow, take a deep breath and do it! 
Justin, Keenan is Bornagainprimitive. Kenneth is Little John...and where is Kenneth. Not like him to be so quiet for so long.
   I gotta get on the stick! I ain't forgot you guys...Steve and Justin.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2007, 06:05:13 am »
Koan I was planing on sending a Osage but if you had rather I will send a Hickory,Iron wood so you won't need to chase a ring.Don't matter to me Just let me know.It will be next week before I get it out anyway.As soon as I get back.justin some kind of list of things to do or not do would be good.Sometimes I get carried away and go to far.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

jamie

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2007, 09:55:01 am »
hey guys i just got down to reading my emails after the weekend. im gonna have to back out also. got too many irons in the fire right now. trying to finish up about 4 dozen footings and i just tore the kitchen apart and if my wife sees me working on bows and not the kitchen im dead. lol. peace