Author Topic: Give-away bow does good(with update on winner)  (Read 4253 times)

Offline PeteC

Give-away bow does good(with update on winner)
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:43:46 pm »
A couple of weeks ago I attended the registration, and shoot, for the"Texas Big Nasty Hog Contest",a six week contest based out of Pine Forest,Texas..I was asked to donate a bow ,and I accepted,and My family and I setup a table in hopes of selling a bow or two.It ended up being a modern equipment rally,as my son-in-law,Zach,and I were the only folks there with trad/primitive equipment.We had several very interested folks,but no buyers.We still had a great time,I even won a very nice knife in the balloon shoot.But,the coolest news I just heard tonight.The fella that won my bow,(an eastern hophornbeam flatbow I posted a few months ago),is using the bow in the contest,and he and his partner have already logged 20 big hogs,with at least a couple killed with the donated bow.It's kinda neat to hear your "kids" are doing their job.Here's a pic of the winner and his new bow.If I can get some hog pics,I'll post em. God Bless

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 10:02:47 pm by PeteC »
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Floorman

Re: Give-away bow does good
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:43:53 pm »
Great looking bow , I'll bet that guy was thrilled to win it. And you should be very proud he is doing so well with it. How did you do this weekend ?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:57:42 pm »
Very cool. 8)  He might figure out it is easier with the stick than with the wheels.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PeteC

Re: Give-away bow does good(with update)
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:22:09 am »
Floorman,we found 4 little bunches before 10:00 am,but 2 saw us first,and the other 2 we had gotten within 35 yards,with the wind in our face,but had the swirlin' breeze betray us.We still had a good time,it was a beautiful day.  Pat, the neat thing about it,the fella  that won the bow, shoots,and owns both a recurve and a longbow.When he tried out the HHB,he shot 5 arrows ,and put all of them in the bullseye.I was very pleased,the right guy won it. Thanks,and God Bless
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 09:59:17 pm by PeteC »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:47:42 am »
That's great,always make a guy feel good when you give a bow away and the person that gets it
shoots it well. Most I have given away they shoot them better than I do,that is for sure.Sounds like a fun time yall had. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PeteC

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 11:41:01 am »
Thanks Pappy,and your right ,it does feel good. God Bless

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 08:06:15 am »
That's cool! I know the feeling, I've had several of my "kids" make meat with their new families as well. ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 09:22:38 am »
Congrat's Pete - glad to hear it. He does look proud of that bow..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline PeteC

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 08:01:25 pm »
Thanks Greg and Paul,I'm tickled it's gettin' used. One of the contest's coordinators told me about it,and I'm hoping they'll send me some pictures.They don't hunt eatin' pigs like we do.These guys are going for weight ,to win prize money,and they kill some real giants.The fella that won the bow told me they would be hunting a dairy,over silage,just after dark,and since they are in the lead,it looks they chose well. God Bless

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 09:48:51 pm »
Hey Pete. Looks like ya got some regular down home holesome goodness goin on there. I'd sure like to run into you guys sometime :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline PeteC

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 12:32:07 pm »
Paul,if your ever going to be in the Tyler area,let me know.Bring your outfit,and will chase some pigs.I'm less than 10 miles from town. God Bless
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 01:39:30 pm by PeteC »

Offline PeteC

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 09:58:09 pm »
I just found out that the fella that won the donated bow,David,and his partner,won the Texas Big Nasty Hog Contest.They logged 27 big hogs to win.I hav'ent heard the weight yet,but I'll post when I do.Also pictures. God Bless

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Give-away bow does good(with update on winner)
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 11:52:07 pm »
  Pete, are you anywhere near Houston or Pasadena?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PeteC

Re: Give-away bow does good(with update on winner)
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 09:38:25 am »
No Eddie,I'm near Tyler,which is about a hundred miles east of Dallas. God Bless