Main Discussion Area > Around the Campfire

NUTHER KNIFE......GOTTA GET BACK TO BOWS!!!!

(1/5) > >>

El Destructo:
Well...I had enough time off this Weekend ...since my Shut Down ended...that I built that Arrow Slinger...and this Neato Skinner .... It a really Tiny Knife ...should be really handy though this Fall for Skinning Deer and such.... The Blade is 2 3/4"440 Stainless Steel...it's 6 1/2 Inches Long overall....The Handles are made from Birdseye Maple Burl from back Home....I made the Sheath from 6 ounce Veggie Tanned Shoulder Bullhide...I wetTooled it ....sewed it up with a double Saddle Stitch with Artificial Sinew...dyed it with Feibing's Light Brown Dye and then I soaked it in Eco-Flo Super Sheen to make the Leather soft enough to shape to the Knife ...when this stuff dries it is like it was coated with an Epoxy Resin....makes the Leather Hard....Shiny....and Waterproof to boot....I hope You like it as much as I liked making it.....Dan....Yeah I know ....I got You on the List for one.....I will have it for you by the time We go to Pappy's.... promise...... :P

[attachment deleted by admin]

mullet:
  Real Sweet, Mike.

madcrow:
Yep, sweet is the word I was thinking.  That short blade should work like magic.

sailordad:
nice mike
but that dont look like a bow lol

you should see the saw blade i got today

its like 2 1/2 ft in diameter,i see i BOWIE KNIFE in the making >:D

El Destructo:
Thanks Guys....I really need to get a Buffer though....this Grinder turns too fast....and it's really dangerous too...throws Blades at Me all the Time... :-[....If I could get one that runs slower...I would probably be able to put a nice Mirror finish on them....You can still see all kinds of scratches once the Flash hits it......... :'( Sure glad these Shims are free....otherwise this would get expensive!!

Saw Blade...what kind of Blade???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version