Author Topic: lets do another point swap  (Read 37203 times)

jreb

Re: lets do another point swap
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2009, 01:48:44 pm »
Ok D. tiller i sent you somthing today to help you get rid of those pesky mammoths  ;D

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2009, 03:13:21 pm »
Yep! They are just all over the place around here.  ;D

Nugget, how did ya meet Billy? Man, hes just a ball of energy! Wonder where he gets it?
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2009, 03:46:29 pm »
I met Billy at the NC Traditional Archers State shoot over Memorial Dat weekend. Yes he is wide open all the time.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Dingleberry

« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2009, 12:19:43 pm »
Got my gift package from Hillbilly yesterday....and like Golmer Pile said, " surprise, surprise, surprise"!  :o Got some spalls of obsidian, rhyolite, flint ridge, buffalo river?, etc.. Also, got a little container made from ???? bark.  I've made poplar containers but I think this is different. Also, had two sweet points inside the container: one of cryolite, and one from ????. Very nice points both of em.   Thanks a bunch Steve!  I'll return the favor one day.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2009, 05:07:10 pm »
Well gwaaaalleee - you made out like a bandito Jonathan ;D. That bigger one looks like Horsecreek stuff - nice haul..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2009, 06:01:01 pm »
Holy hogwash Batman! Dems nice!!! ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2009, 06:11:40 pm »
 Sweet! Nice haul, Jonathan. Steve, did you right. I see some Coastal Plains in those spalls.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Wildcat86

« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2009, 12:25:38 am »
Got my point from Mullet a few weeks ago, and it was a sweet one.Thanks again! I didn't get my point from my other guy though. Maybe one day.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2009, 12:39:39 pm »
Jonathan, the bigger point is some kind of Texas flint. The white spalls are Keokuk, the butterscotch colored one is Flint River/Coastal Plains, green is rhyolite, and the gray is hornstone I think. Container is just thin poplar bark from a small limb. Oh, and the writn's always on the ugly side...;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2009, 11:15:20 am »
Wildcat I getting my points sent out today, sorry for delays. I didn't get the chance to work on any points at our rendezvous., just to busy and since getting back I've been working on reducing some rock that Blacktail gave me. He gave me some nice big spalls and I've just about got them all reduced ::)  :'(  It's amazing have many small pieces you can get from those big ones ::)

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2009, 08:00:04 am »
I just love gettin' boxes in the mail,especially when they contain little gems like these

Thanks goes out to dingleberry
Bone pile

Venice Florida

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2009, 05:35:42 pm »
Reb, that is a cool point ya sent me. Thanks! I will post a pick in the future.

jreb

« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2009, 07:02:23 pm »
I hope you like it that is a official jreb 1st atempt at a clovis....... yeah lucky you ;D the 1st wanna-flute only went very little and the 2nd if you can even tell went shallow but farther than the 1st - look hard its there , I got scared and didnt hit hard enough on the 1st  and poor nipple prep on the 2nd , i think goose said something about nipple prep in another post maybe he'll chime in  ::)

jreb

« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2009, 07:11:51 pm »
And thanks again to Blacktail who sent me a killer 5" blade thats super nice , I'm still working on sending you a gift your way ;D

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2009, 10:45:49 pm »
Reb, I like it! Don't be hard on yourself. You will want to keep ahold of some of these points for the future. You will really see the differences in the future!

David T