Author Topic: another new set of cane  (Read 8086 times)

Offline artcher1

Re: another new set of cane
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 06:29:20 pm »
Naw, I wouldn't do that to Jason. That set belonged to my buddy Ira O:).

ART B

Offline Timo

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 10:13:14 pm »
Art, I noticed that you did a fancy dye job on those shafts? I didn't know anyone else did that? That is a nice pattern. Cool arras!

I wrote an article for PA on dyeing cane last month.Not sure when it is gonna be released though.

Offline Little John

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 11:49:30 pm »
Pat, arent you and Pappy doing good lately. I did not have to look at your later post to know who made these fine arrows. I could recognise that broadhead from a mile away. Beautiful work Art, I still treasure the arrows you made for me three years ago and one of them still has a date with destiny, hopefully in September. If I got it right you just drill out the shaft with the spade bit, taper the footing and glue? Probably sounds easier than it really is. Sure is going to be some nice arrows at the classic. That lucky dog Pappy will be easter egg hunting for monthes.        Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 12:38:53 am »
Kenneth, we must be doing something right.   That one hunting arrow smells like elk heart to me! ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 01:29:47 am »
You got it Toyota
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline artcher1

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 08:01:04 am »
Appreciate the kind words guys! No dye used on the shafts Timo. I scraped the rind off and done an Indian burn with the propane torch. Only problem with the burn job is that it causes extra work as far as straightening. But I think the look is well worth it.

Kenneth, the drilling and tapering is a very simple procedure really. Once you do a few, that part becomes the simplest and easiest part of cane arrow making. As I mentioned earlier, if your foreshaft glue-up isn't perfectly straight, then a little heat straightening with take care of that.  Good luck this fall.

ART B

Offline Timo

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 08:10:06 am »
Very cool arrows Art.( or should I say,"Cool art" arrows)?I love um.

I think you'll like the atricle, it is something a bit different.

Offline artcher1

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 09:16:56 am »
Thanks Timo! That reminds me, I need to renew my subscription. I like different  8)!

ART B

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2009, 08:47:48 pm »
  Art, I don't think I've ever seen an arrow you make that looks even average. Those are nice, hope you are doing alright.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline artcher1

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 09:21:34 am »
Thanks Eddie! Good to hear from you. Yeah, got a few more complaints, but besides that, I'm doing OK.  Hope you are as well.

ART B