Author Topic: need more help  (Read 1955 times)

Offline dshull

need more help
« on: April 11, 2009, 11:00:05 am »
can any body out there tell how to make a tiller board,or were I can get the plans for one? Sounds like a silly queston,but thanks

Offline Bullitt

Re: need more help
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 11:40:15 am »
Dshull, there was a post her about that subject a couple weeks ago. Do a search, like tillering tree. Good shootin, Steve

Offline snedeker

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 12:22:45 pm »
You can make a simple tillering stand with a pulley in 15 min.   Use a 2x4 about 4 feet plus long, if you have some scrap 1/2" plywood, nail an 18' square of it to the bottom.  Buy a simple single steel pulley at the harware store for a couple bucks with space to run a 3/8" rope through it, one with any eye screw and screw it into the base at the base of the 2x4.  Tack a couple of pieces of 3/6" plywood or something about 3x4" in size at the top of the 2x4 to hold the bow. Get a six foot length of 3/8 nylong rope through the pulley and attach end to an inexpensive steel hook.  Use a sharpie and a yard stick and mark off you inch scale downward from the top of the 2x4.  Yoiu can attach a hanging scale to the rope at the right time.  Can get one on ebay for $20.

Wala.

Dave

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 01:15:55 pm »
Yes, I do but I'm not telling you. LOL. :) Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 05:14:15 pm »
Forget the tiller board, and make a rope and pulley tree setup. It's quick and easy to make-as Dave described, or can simply be a bracket to hold the bow mounted on a wall or post with the pulley attached below it. Pulley set-ups work much better than a tiller stick, and are a lot safer to use.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Aosda

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 12:44:30 pm »
I use something like what was described.  I put my 2x4 in the bench vise though, keeps everything above my head when working the limbs.  Also, there was a post on here for a tillering do-hicky.  Basically a piece of 1x? 6" long with a hole in the center for a pencil.  You slide this along your limbs and tiller where the pencil touched the limbs, give you an even bend.