Author Topic: Bow Give Away  (Read 12642 times)

sknight199017

Re: Bow Give Away
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2009, 02:37:32 pm »
Thanks for that TJ.  Believe me I was extremely mad that I could not make it but I got to make that money to pay for college.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2009, 04:23:13 pm »
School should be first. I am speaking from experience. I have to put my school in front of alot of fun activities.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Canoe

• Progress - Not Perfection
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 11:58:57 am »
Howdy Sknight,

Absolutely terrific lookin' bow - that handle, the staining on the back, (great detailing) and the profile - Really nice!!!

Also, a terrific gesture.

Here's three names to add to the hat;

-Cecelia Ann G.,
-Claire S.
-and Indigo Dawn L.

All three of these girls are eight years old, Cecelia and Claire are practicing the martial arts.  And, all three are learning to ride their bikes, they enjoy dressing up, playing dolls, and raising some pint-sized Heck.

All the best,
Canoe
"Nature is a mutable cloud which is always and never the same."  - R. W. Emerson

"Wilderness is not a luxury, but a necessity of the human spirit."    -Edward Abbey

Offline stickbender

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 02:36:48 am »

Sierra, there is nothing to be kind about there.   That Bow is absolutely beautiful. :o  Only thing I can see is the brace height looks a bit high, but other than that it is beautiful.  That is a very nice gesture on your part, and a very good sign of proper parenting, and teaching of values, on Your Parents part.  :) It is nice to see younger people doing nice things for others.  Some where a star is about to shine on a very lucky little archer!   :)For a first bow, that is fantastic. 8)  Now for the Summer, lets see what you can do for your own bow! ;)

Wayne

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 08:31:28 am »
Sierra,
The bow is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! :o
I'm sure you will get very high marks on your paper.
But the best thing you will get is that warm fuzzy feeling when you get that pic of a happy kid holding that wonderful bow.
I'd like to add my nephew Johnathan Lauer to the list, he is 10 yrs. old and just two weeks ago I borrowed a bow for him so he could learn to shoot, his dad and I took him up to Hawkeye Bowmen for the Alaskan Shoot and he shot all 30 targets.

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 11:56:12 am »
Well done young warrior.. Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline 0209

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2009, 11:44:13 pm »
Hey,
I'd like to add my brother, Aidan Mittelberg, to the list.  He's 7 and I'm trying to get him into trad archery.  If I could, I'd make him a decent little bow, but I just haven't got the time between school and sports.  So far the only thing he's really shot is a little 25# compound I borrowed from a friend and he loves it.  Anyways, great lookin bow sknight and it's real charitable for you to give something like that away.  I send my best regards.
-Ian Mittelberg
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training is austere conditions with minimal food and water. He doesn't worry about what workout to do.his ruck weighs what it weighs and his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. Only he knows the cause. Still want to Quit?
-Unknown

sknight199017

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2009, 01:56:54 pm »
Thanks guys for all the compliments.  The drawing is coming to an end.  The name will be drawn on Thursday.

As of right now the names in the hat are:

Trace
Joey Veld
Chase
Adien
Arthur Ward
Cecelia Ann G.
Claire S.
Indigo Dawn L.
Johnathan Lauer
Adien Mittelberg

Thanks again guys.

C.O.Jones

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2009, 08:55:51 am »
Sierra,

That is a wonderfull thing to do and a wonderful looking bow.  I wish I had your skill.  I would like to add two names to the hat. Blaine Kelly and Ben Luna.  I love to watch them pretend to hunt.  They do not have bows but they do have active imaginations.  They are good friends and would have a wonderfull time with that beautiful bow.

Thanks

Offline DirtyDan

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 12:21:07 pm »
Great job, Sierra, and a wonderful idea.  You already have the spirit of the bowyer.  You will find that bowyers are the most generous and helpful people around.  They sure help me all the time.  Great craftsmanship and technique.  Keep it up.

Dan Spier

Offline Bo

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 09:55:10 pm »
Great job!  I have 4 boys ages 3, 6, 8, and 10.  Only the oldest one has a bow.  I know his brothers would love to have a chance at it.  Please put by boys in for the drawing.

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2009, 10:53:21 pm »
Whats there names?? or do you want her to just call them 1 2 3 4 ..lol...

sknight199017

Re: Bow Give Away (The winner is up)
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2009, 07:50:00 pm »
Canoe,

I am happy to announce that Ceceila Ann G. is the lucky child that gets the bow.  There will be no cost for you on this bow.  I will send it out the first week of June. 

Thanks guys for all the names and support that you gave me.

Sierra!!!

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2009, 05:37:34 pm »
Sierra,
I hope you get a GREAT GRADE!!!!
You did a wonderful thing and I'm sure Ceceila Ann will love that wonderful bow!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Canoe

• Progress - Not Perfection
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2009, 04:48:02 pm »
Howdy Sierra K.,

Wow!!  I'm speechless!!

Cecelia will absolutely flip over this gift from her new, faraway friend.  The bow is beautiful, sleek, curvy, magical lookin' -- Functional Art! 
And, she'll love the color!
Her mother could hardly believe that Cece is going to receive such a wonderful gesture from friends, "whom we haven't met."

I'll be sure to take a few pictures of Cecelia and her pals as they try out the new bow at our local, public archery range.  The range is located in a large park, near our home, with swing sets, woods to explore, and a beautiful river with a water fall all within a short walk from the archery range.  This bow will provide Cece and I many opportunities to spend quality time outdoors while I share, with her, my lifelong enthusiasm for archery.   

Also, as I approach my 30th year in archery and bowhunting, this Fall, I will be marking her (our) first year.

Without providing details, Sierra, the timing of this gift makes it all-the-sweeter.  So, I look forward to repaying this gesture through gift or time to a stranger in need.  I'm truly touched.

Thank you so very much from myself, Cecelia, and our family.

All the Best,
Canoe
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 04:56:21 pm by Canoe »
"Nature is a mutable cloud which is always and never the same."  - R. W. Emerson

"Wilderness is not a luxury, but a necessity of the human spirit."    -Edward Abbey