Author Topic: So how was the Tennessee Classic?  (Read 13257 times)

Offline Otis

Re: So how was the Tennessee Classic?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 09:57:53 pm »
Mullet, I knew when I finally saw you crawling through the grass toward those turkeys you were serious!  I had a great time hunting with you. I hope to get down there and chase some of those swamp gobblers you have in Florida.  I've been talking it up to the wife and she likes the ideal of some beach time. Maybe we can make it happen. Tell your lovely wife it was pleasure to get to talk to her. She is a special lady to put up with you all those years.
                                                                       David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 10:25:25 pm »
 David, I had a great time hunting with you. It's hard to hook up with somebody new and hunt together and seem to know where and what the other person was doing. I felt like we had been hunting together for years, thanks a lot. And I hope you and your wife do get down here, we'll go after some of those Ghost of the Swamps. Did you figure out how to post pictures yet?

And Pappy, thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to go after one of those Tenn. birds, I know the rules , now ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otis

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 10:39:03 pm »
Eddie, I'm off work tomorrow and am going to hunt in the morning then go do some electrical work at my daughters. I'll see if she can educate me and get your pictures posted. Can I send you pictures at the address on the business card you gave me? If not, pm me and get me your home address.
                                                                David

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 10:44:36 pm »
 sure, David.No problem sending them to my office. Thanks.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 11:55:48 pm »
David, I enjoyed our chats this past weekend...and knowing where you kept your stash! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 06:50:14 am »
The classic far exceeded my expectations.  It was such an awesome time.  Honestly the rain wasn't even a factor for me.   I can't wait until next year.  Now I understand why folks start talking about it in January. :D
Traverse City, MI

Offline TRACY

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 09:28:25 am »
I'm with you Rick. I've already started making a list of stuff to do next year with the first thing being getting there earlier in the week! I met many people and put faces with names but not nearly enough. Now that I know what takes place, I'll be better prepared for next year and defintely want to finish meeting PA folks. There's just so much going on that it's hard to soak it all up in such a short amount of time.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Otis

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 10:58:04 am »
Pat, ditto on the chats. I knew you could use refreshments since you were working so hard helping with the bows. It never amazes me the way people just jump right in and help in anyway the can at Twin Oaks. Venisonburger helped cook, you helped Gregb and BigA.  I know there were others , but  I don't know their names.  Two years ago down there I ended up helping in the concession stand when I was frying peppers and went in there to get something.  Nobody was around, busy getting the deer shoulders ready.  I was happy to help.  Can't wait to get back down there!
                                                                             David

Offline TRACY

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 12:10:15 pm »
Otis, glad to meet you and maybe we can get together and do some hunting since we're so close. Nice TN bird, still trying to get one to cooperate here ;D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 12:29:26 pm »
Ya know though, I always seem to miss out on the demos. Next year, no bow building! Must get my head up and on a swivel. To much going on!!!!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Otis

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 07:52:09 pm »
Tracy, I got to work one this morning for 2 hours. He was on private land by about 50 to 75 yards and just teased the snot out of me. I was sure he was coming twice and he would drift off. It was mature pines he was in and I was back in a little bit of thick stuff on the state land.  It sure was good though to hear one gobble that long for a change. Mullet and I heard one bird gobble one time at Pappy's. He said he hadn't heard one gobble in 4 weeks. Drop me a pm and maybe we can get together and shoot.
                                         David

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 08:14:33 pm »
Jesse got one gobbling for me at Pappy's. Didn't see it since it was over a ridge. Man! What an experience!!!!

Cant wait to do it again!!! Though the 4:30 am wake up call is tough to do at times.

Tiller
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2009, 09:36:12 pm »
 David, did it make your hair stand up and get you to breathing real fast? ;D If it did, and I bet it did, you are hooked now, Buddy. ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 09:38:02 pm »
Yep! I think my eyes were as wide open as Jesse's were! We both had our blood pumping fast and furious!!!!

I'm doomed now Eddie!  ;D