Author Topic: ARRRGH!! venting...  (Read 2827 times)

Offline lowell

ARRRGH!! venting...
« on: October 03, 2009, 10:03:13 pm »
Feels like I've been transformed from a primitive bow hunter to going to a craft shows >:(...just went today with my wife. :-*

Hurt my shoulder about 6 weeks ago.  Doc says from symptoms it's probably a small tear in the rotator cuff.  Have not shot since or hunted.... the season opened here the first. Tried shooting a couple days ago and did not work.

A friend got a doe the 1st and my son got one tonight.  I'm reading all the successes and stories here and happy for you all and feel like I'm going with you guys. ;) Keep posting!!!!

Thanks for the shoulder to cry on and hope still to get a chance this season. :'(

Lowell

« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:16:16 am by lowell »
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Re: ARRRGH!! venting...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 10:18:28 pm »
hope your shoulder heals up i tore mine all up a few years ago and it still hurts me but  ever since i started doing some weight training it has stopped hurting but i am not telling you to go lift weights. i would get it checked out good first before u attempt that ttyl

sterling   
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 10:26:42 pm »
Hang in there. Get healthy then you will slay them.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 11:06:40 pm »
been there,done that
both shoulders,rotor cuffs
if your doc says physical therapy,do exactly what they say
the little lame ass excersizes they make you do work wonders
its been three years since my last surgery,still do my work outs for both shoulders
no pain at all,right shoulder still has a tear the doc says,but says should be fine as long as i do my excersizes
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 07:55:49 am »
Make sure and see a good doctor not a hack like I did, operated on my shoulder and made it worse
now no surgery can fix it >:( All I can do is exercise it to keep it from getting worse. I would seek out a sports medicine doctor if
I were you. Good luck eh
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline sailordad

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 10:13:17 am »
ya do like dana said
a good sports med doc

i actaully had the same doc that works on the mn twins,the gophers,our so called pro soccer team(didnt know we had one till i see the plaque in his office)
he also works on other pro teams,and many college teams as their doc

that is probably the most important thing,next to doing your therapy properly,to a good recovery

good luck
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline lowell

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 07:23:36 pm »
Think I'll look at going for some therapy.  All your advice sounds good.  Shoulder doesn't seem to get worse but no noticable improvement either.

Maybe I'll just have to wait to hunt till it is unbearably cold out!! ;D

Here's hoping your arrows go where you're looking!! 8)
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 10:02:03 pm »
Hope things get better soon. I suffered for about 11 months. couldn't pick up an 8 oz styrafoam coffee cup. I am one of those idiots that just try to tough it out. I then got to thinking, it all started when I slept a couple nights in a rock house during a couple days of winter squirrel hunting, (January in the 20's, hard ground). I finally decided to take double hits of advil for several days and then scale back to regular dose for two weeks. It went away and I haven't had a problem since. That was 3 years ago. Anyway, hope you heal up quick and get back to the woods!
Chasing Crow
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline PeteC

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 12:37:15 pm »
Lowell,hang in there buddy,you'll heal. A few years ago I dislocated my shoulder one week into the bow season,(Slidin' into third playing baseball),so that was it for me.I know how you feel,but it will pass.  God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 01:18:42 pm »
I know it sucks to be injured during the meat making season... hope you heal quickly.. Hawk
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston