Author Topic: my name is Rob & i have an addiction....  (Read 7607 times)

Offline brownhillboy

Re: my name is Rob & i have an addiction....
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 12:24:47 pm »
Good looking bow!  Looks like you did a fine job on it.  Like some of the others, I was having trouble getting past that first pic with the awesome view!
south central VA

Offline elk country rp

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 03:21:10 pm »
i appreciate all the kind words!

yup, my back yard makes it worth living here. to the left if that pic is Lone Peak (11,166 ft) & to the right is Yellow Mountain (somewhere around 10,000 ft). hike any direction for an hour & there's no trace of humans- gotta love that!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline redwasp

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 10:00:51 pm »
your in good company here we are all addicts. I never thought I would say that " hi my name is Richard and I'm a bowaholic"lmao. only this addiction is healthy and theropeutic. Keep up the good work
If one man can do it, another man can do it. Richard......Northeastern PA.

Ahnlaashock

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 11:35:31 pm »
Is that what makes a man come home from working in a factory all day and then spend two hours with a knife trimming up a piece of wood that may or may not have a bow in it? 

Offline Badger

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 12:02:26 am »
I certainly would not be shy about pulling that bow out in any company. Excellent tiller and great job. Steve

Offline DanaM

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 07:18:58 am »
Beautiful bow and the scenery ain't bad either ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 10:35:36 am »
Great bow and welcome aboard. I guess you cant wait for Seotember. Good luck on the hunt and with your next bow.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline elk country rp

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 03:41:42 pm »
thanks y'all!

such a warm welcome- i love it!

i gotta get to August before i can worry about September. speed goats have me fully addicted. season opens for prongs on Aug 15th. i've had incredible luck with the training wheels so far- this year i'll be going stick & string with no wheels. ought to make for a challenge.....

September should be interesting, too. there were only 96 tags issued for the Taylor's Fork/ Twin Cabin district last year- compared to the estimated thousands of hunters in previous years before the FWP made it a permit area. there might be alot of elk in there on September 5th! maybe this year i'll even see more elk than grizzlies in that area!

i'm still kinda surprised that i can shoot a 70# longbow! i thought it was only 60# til i put it on the scale. it gives me a little more mojo to chase elk with.

hmmm, makes me wonder if i can do 80#..........

Rich Saffold

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 01:27:01 am »
Hey Rob, I already commented on the bow, but I had to say you have a wonderful view there..

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 04:31:06 am »
Beautiful bow and country and my friend says nice jeep in the background of that one picture!  ::)
Modern Day Tramp

nickf

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 08:47:30 am »
I'm already looking forward for your warbow :D

glad you started to post here aswell rob :) how's your crazy creation coming along? :)

Nick

Offline Jesse

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 09:09:21 am »
Awesome bow there Rob. I like everything about it. 
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline elk country rp

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 06:13:51 pm »
thank you all very much!

lol- i have too many projects going right now!  ::)
the crazy one is off to a good start, but i'm looking at 8 or 9 pieces of wood to glue up (since i can't get the ipe to bend as far as i want). i'll get some pics up in a day or two- gotta spend some quality time with the table saw first.
i glued up a lightweight 64" HBI on friday that seems to be flying through the tillering process (i floor tillered the belly pretty well before i glued on the backing). it's hanging out at brace height right now to help it remember to bend.
for the last hour or so, i've been scraping away at a hickory/walnut/ipe trilam with a seemingly untouchable reflex. it's a kick in the pants trying to figure out tillering on a bow with straight outer limbs at brace height. i'm just trying to watch it all bend & keep the bend rate smooth throught the whole limb as i go- with lots of breaks to keep me from overdoing it!

i think it's time to go get a soda pop,
Rob

ps- i've never seen such a high concentration of jeep cherokees as we have in Big Sky! the one in the pic is my neighbor's, mine is black   ;D

Offline smokeu

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 10:20:06 am »
Nice weapon Rob!!!!
Longview, TEXAS

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 10:58:19 am »
This is a wonderful bow and bookmarked for June Laminate Bow of the Month, too.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday