Author Topic: Well, here's my first EVER!!!  (Read 6219 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Well, here's my first EVER!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 09:19:53 pm »

Very good.  I also noted that you did the customary blood letting ceremony to the lithic gods.  I have a piece of something in my finger, and just the other day, some flake fell into my shoe, and sure enough it sliced up my heel, and I think it is still in there.  You will defintately need the band aids, and super glue.  I have cut my self with obsidian, and not known it till the rock became slipery, and noticed it was red, looked and smelled alot like blood.  I had bled so much that my eyes cleared up. ;D  Also wear safety glasses, or some sort of eye protection, and knapp in a well ventilated area, or use a fan, or wear a dust mask.  Micro particles, will be suspended in the air, when you knapp.  These can cause havoc in the lungs.  Like silicosis, etc.  Just some precautions, to keep it etertaining, and fun.  Anyway, welcome to the addiction.

Wayne

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 10:00:38 pm »
hi. not bad at all! i just got done with my first three out of a glass pickle jar bottom (i like pickles ;)) and like they said, the glass has to be much easyer cuz i only spent a little over an hour on those three. keep it up and let us see the glass one's when ya get em done!
lets just shoot it

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 10:14:26 pm »
 Well lets see yours. :D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2009, 04:56:41 am »
thats pretty good , especially on some tough material
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 04:42:11 pm »
i'll get pics up soon.
lets just shoot it