Author Topic: flint cave/ kinda  (Read 7891 times)

Offline Timo

Re: flint cave/ kinda
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 08:29:33 am »
"Splunker Paul"  ;D ;D Kinda got a nice ring to it?

Used to do that kind of stuff when I was a kid. Never found anything but opossum bones. Ha ,Mo. is know for it's caves also.....Lots of them around. I have one found that I was planning a dig in sometime. Just haven't got up the gumption to do it yet.Much work.

Cool pics there Cowboy,glad to see you had a rope with ya.

Also really neat pics and imfo there Pete. Thanks for sharing that.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 10:09:33 am »
One of the young guys I work with(landscape) is a caver. He, and his team, have mapped many miles of uncharted caves in Tenn. He was telling me about a "room" he was in last weekend that had giant muscles fossils and large chunks of coral. When I asked him about a few samples he said they were not allowed to haul stuff out plus it wouldn't be practical or safe to haul samples out a mile or 2 from down in the cave.  He did give me a chunk(softball size) he recovered from a stream at the mouth of the cave that has blue streaks in it. He has promised me more when he can get it. I'll have this stuff at the camp-o-rama for you guys to play with.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 10:27:05 am »
Art in stone there Pete - that is nice. Yep, went splunkin Tim ;D - just cause I had to. Think it's in my genes - I must explore 8). Wish I could make that camp-o-rama Pat, I know it's fun - rain or no rain ::).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 11:05:29 am »
Cool pics Paul, best to bring a friend when ya go caving though, remember safety first eh ;)

Precambrium rocks on the estern side of the UP and where its Lake Michigan dolomite :'( Nothing that really knaps
although I have a line on some Jasper, need to take a road trip up to El D's home town
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI