Author Topic: Made a quiver yesterday.  (Read 5284 times)

loosenock

Made a quiver yesterday.
« on: February 24, 2008, 02:35:43 pm »
I stopped pondering and got to work making a quiver.  The Hill style quiver is made from medium weight latigo leather.  Measurements are 21"x8 1/2"x3 1/2".  When selecting the leather I was going to use I looked for leather with range marks, brands and scars.  I like the character it adds.  I finished it off by lightly burnishing it with waxes and rotten stone to give it that "20 seasons" look.

The quiver is very comfortable and even though Im 60 and 40 (60 years old and 40#s over) I can draw and replace arrows with ease from this one.

What do you think, you comments and opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Made a quiver yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 03:05:44 pm »
Nicely made and good looking quiver, Joe.
   When I owned a leather shop in the early 70s we used range marks and brands to our advantage and to give our products some character. I have made a few back quivers but never liked them. As a matter of fact, there are very few quivers that I do like to use.  For me, each situation, hunting, 3D shoots, etc, has an individual quiver style. I now use a side stalker type for 3D and a Asbell type for hunting.         Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

jamie

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 03:15:28 pm »
thats awesome i love the stitching

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 04:23:38 pm »
'yesterday' does that mean you made it in one day?? - that's a unique version of a well know design! really nice.
frank
Frank from Germany...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 04:30:13 pm »
Looks like it should work good to me, well done.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Minuteman

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 08:11:37 pm »
Like it cool idea with the strap to hold the normally sewn part. I like a round or oval bottom on a back quiver though . Like the idea  . Kinda goes with Marius' idea for a stichless quiver.

Offline wolfsire

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 09:31:14 pm »
Very nice.  I too like the stitching, but the best part is that it is comfortable for you.
Steve in LV, NV