Author Topic: Mineral Lick Pics  (Read 5662 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Mineral Lick Pics
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 09:27:01 pm »
Eddie, I'm just cursed with hogs. I can usually hit deer. My arrows curve around pigs like they got a force field around them. Seems like I remember it was somebody else lost a shirttail at Chris's......;D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 01:16:20 am »
steve, it's looking like the mineral lick is helping with antler growth.  i haven't seen a deer like that ten pointer around the farm like that one in over 20 years.  looks like it's helping some, he'll score well over 125 this fall.  wish i could get a front pic to see his spread.  i'm planning on hitting that corner good for this fall with food.  i put down 1800 pounds of lime around the persimmon and apple trees back in the spring and i'm planning on planting a good food plot there this fall.  hopefully that'll be a hot spot all season long with the apples, persimmons, rye, winter wheat, and rape all there together.  the only down side is that's the spot is right beside gma land and every idiot with a rifle will be trying to hunt over the trails coming across the old RR bed. 

i'll let ya'll figure out who can shoot straight enough to hit either one of bucks in the pics. ;D  i'll just be happy if one of ya'll get them, i'm happy with a flathead.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 12:33:29 pm »
 Steve, I'll blame it on that fancy, Jade point :D Chris that deer I walked up on with my '06 on my shoulder across the road had a nice spread like that.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 11:17:52 pm »
hopefully i'll have some good pics when i check my camera this weekend.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 12:20:00 am »
The buck we spooked that morning driving in to your Dad's place was a whopper too.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 01:05:12 am »
  If it was near the driveway off the hard road, Pat, it was probally that one I crapped my pants on.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 01:36:53 am »
Heh, he and his little bro were eating pears in the front yard.  I think night vision goggles are in order to get that guy. ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC