Author Topic: Fathers Day Bow  (Read 5821 times)

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
Fathers Day Bow
« on: June 20, 2009, 05:27:29 pm »
Here is a bow I made for my Father. It is Eastern Red Cedar Backed with Rawhide. It is 35# @ 28" 66" long. Idid the decoration with some pastel art chalk and sealed it with poly. It is a nice shooting bow and hits were I aim it. My father has been wanting a bow for a while and this piece of cedar I got from knightd was screaming to be made into a bow, so I answered the call of the wood and here it is. I love working with cedar.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline nugget

Re: Fathers Day Bow
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 05:28:57 pm »
Here is a few more pics.
TJ

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline sulphur

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 05:31:21 pm »
man that's beautiful.  I know people say that alot around here (even me) but that one is outta sight. 

Offline nugget

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 05:31:31 pm »
Ok 2 more then I am done. ;D Did I mention I like cedar and I like this bow ;)

Offline nugget

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 05:32:22 pm »
Thanks sulphur. I hope my dad has the same reaction.

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 06:30:20 pm »
Sweet looking job you did on that one.. Happy fathers day to you and yours..

David

Offline cracker

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 07:43:20 pm »
Nice looking bow looks like your father is lucky to have a good son. Must be quite a dad.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline nugget

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 09:25:33 pm »
Very good dad

Offline Marvin Campbell

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 09:38:50 pm »
Nice.

I like the chalk on the back and that cedar sure looks good, tiller looks good too.

Offline nugget

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 10:58:10 pm »
Thanks Marvin. I did not have any earth pigments, so I used what I had.

Offline boo

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 11:43:57 pm »
Dang TJ that is awesome, you have that chalk working good. Is it as fast as the other one?
Boo

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 12:03:11 am »
  TJ, that bow is great looking, you nailed it. I'm sure your Dad is gonna love it.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 12:21:24 am »
Cool bow TJ. I'm sure Dad will love it. Cedar is a wood that intrigues me but through experience, also makes me wince. ;D I need to try again.
   The sign of a primitive project is using what you have to achieve what you want and you done it. ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline nugget

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 12:26:45 am »
Thanks guys. boo this one is not as fast as the other. It has more mass in the limbs.This piece of cedar was not as tight as the last couple pieces I have worked with. This one was still kinda thick and was already low in weight. I need to make some lighter bullets for it and try it again.

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 11:47:28 am »
Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's
This is a really nice gift for any Dad. BOM Bookmarked, too :)
When you're retired, every day is Saturday