Main Discussion Area > Cave Men only "Oooga Booga"

1 Month Living on a Wild Diet

<< < (24/26) > >>

bareshaft12:
 ;D that was cool man,great job

jamie:
thanks man. its definetly interesting. it also is a great teacher. one thing to read it in a book, but when you rely on it it really soaks in. peace

AncientArcher76:
Jaimie was rereading this thread and not to soil it I have to say when the old lady took off and left I couldnt eat at all I lost almost 50lbs.  after reading your post and how u fealt explosive not eating for awhile.  Your body becomes euphoric at a certain point and for those who have starved to death probably didnt even hurt.  It is so true it hurts like crazy at first but then it seems like u have loads of energy.  Later I found out your body switches to survival mode and starts burning the stored fat and muscle.  Anyway I could afford to lose some weight anyway!  LOL thanx bro.

Russ

jamie:
your correct to a degree. cause i get that way in the spring when the work loud is insane. this was different though .

SEMO_HUNTER:
I may follow your lead Jamie and do my own living off the wild for about a week or so and just see how it goes? Sounds like good redneck entertainment. I live within a stones throw of a river that's full of nature's bounty, the river can provide nearly everything a man needs to survive and I believe that's why Indians usually settled near them.

I also know where AA76 is coming from cause I was on the Atkins diet for over a year and lost over 100 lbs. on it. At first I was craving carbs like a mad man and thought I was gonna lose my mind, then after about 2 weeks of eating nothing but meat and veggies I felt awesome! The weight just started falling off like crazy and my energy level went through the roof. My wife at the time was reaping the benefits as well cause my sex drive went off the charts. LOL  :o ;D

I think the body goes through a cleansing period until it rids itself of all the bad stuff we put in it, then the afterburners kick in. When I lost all the weight I felt better and looked better than I had since high school and was even about 15 lbs. lighter than when I graduated.
I need to get back on it again, but I'll have to put some fresh deer meat in my freezer first. That's what I mainly survived on when I was low carb eating.

Do you have any good links for wild edible plants or recipes for them? I live in Missouri and I know some of the goodies, but not nearly  enough to keep it interesting. I know I can get plenty of protein with fish, crawdads, squirrels, ect. but it's the plants to go with it that I'm not too saavy about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version