Author Topic: Two New Laminated Bows begun  (Read 11109 times)

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
Re: Two New Laminated Bows begun
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 08:35:51 pm »
With great trepidation and a heavy heart I got out my one hand scraper, turned the edge and started taking  long, fibrous curls off the O/O/H bow.  The goal was to make it bend right, pull right, not self destruct.   My pull scale has taken a walk someplace so i don't know what it draws.  I'd guess in the low fifties someplace and i can now pull back to my regular lock point on my right jawbone.  That makes it just barely 25" draw.  My arm must have shrunk, I thought I pulled 27". 

But, anyway, the aged finish all came off with the scraper.  I did a quick sand job on it and then a full draw or three in front of the mirror with the bow one way, then flipped and pulled the other way.  The mind can play tricks looking at things.  I'll have to get some pics I guess and see what the tiller REALLY looks like. 

I have the feeling that a  good shooter could drive nails with this one.  ElDestructo says that a little osage goes a long way.  I agree.   I think the next laminated might be 3-4 layers of osage to eliminate grain issues and use the wood i have in stock. 

piper ( sneezing yellow dust)

Offline recurve shooter

Re: Two New Laminated Bows begun
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2009, 11:13:11 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D i got a sneak peak today guys. this one is sweet. yall will like it, and i cant wait to shoot it.
lets just shoot it