Author Topic: Bald Eagle Knappin  (Read 2647 times)

Offline Outbackbob48

Bald Eagle Knappin
« on: June 30, 2009, 08:27:06 pm »
A few so so points I made at the Bald Eagle Knappin, Beautiful weather an had a great time with freinds I,ve made thru here an other knapins, also a great camp ground. Thanks for looking . Bob

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: Bald Eagle Knappin
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 08:31:24 pm »
Those are some dandies Bob, I like em :). Wish we could get some nice weather around here..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 08:51:20 pm »
Nice work Bob, wish I could have hung out more.  Hopefully you can make it to the Letchworth knap in.
Traverse City, MI

Offline chessieboy

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 04:37:19 am »
Bob those are some dandys.  We'll have to talk again.  I'll get some pics up of that IPE ELB when I'm finally done.

Bill

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 11:35:18 am »
Great looking points Bob! Did you pick up some good rock there?

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline xin

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 05:29:24 pm »
Real craftsmanship.   Thanks for posting!!

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 07:28:53 pm »
Hey Rick, to bad you had to leave so early, Bill H. just keeps on surprizing us the rest of the weekend. Bill looking foward to some pics of your Ipe  Elb bow looked like it could be a keeper for sure. Tracy, Erics Rocks was there an a few other rock dealers so I got kinda carried away an got about 100# of rock:>}.Xin, thanks for the complement but I,m just a hack at flintknapping, (gravel an football maker). Hope my hat fits after that one , thanks . Cowboy, glad ya liked' em I keep on trying but the curve is a long one for sure, Hope you get some of this nice weather soon. Thanks Everyone. Later Bob

Offline redwasp

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 08:15:49 pm »
Very nice Bob, wish I could have caught up with ya. Looks like I should've brought tools instead of wife lmao.  maybe I can make it to new york next month
If one man can do it, another man can do it. Richard......Northeastern PA.

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 09:31:16 pm »
Richard, The Letchworth Stone Tool show is a lot bigger than Bald Eagle an the scenery is beautiful. One of the deepest river canyons that I've ever seen in the East, truly awesome, hope you can make it. Later Bob

Offline redwasp

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 07:22:59 pm »
Already planning the trip only I will have to take both vehicles cause bring the clan.... Still won't stop me from drinkin though.. I also learned how to make cordage from basswood bark while I was there from that guy that was dressed like ancient man. can't remeber his name. I'll start saving some money now for it. We'll see what happens.. Where there is a will there is way. ;D and I definately have the will.
If one man can do it, another man can do it. Richard......Northeastern PA.