Author Topic: knapping slow but steady - pic heavy  (Read 2060 times)

Offline DustinDees

• the kingdom of bahrain, deployed
knapping slow but steady - pic heavy
« on: July 08, 2009, 04:26:14 am »
i figure at the speed i knap posting every point i make as i finish them gets a bit redundant so here is my may 20th-now points minus 3 that are gravel now.

this is a simple wire wrap i picked up from a jewelers website the mahogany is my fiance's and the dacite is mine.

Dustin D
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativit

Offline Timo

Re: knapping slow but steady - pic heavy
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:58:30 am »
You are coming along,those look perty good! If you want to learn wire wrapping,go to wally world and buy you a small set of round nose and some nippers.They also have some 20 ga wire.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 08:03:12 am »
Those are looking nice.  I will be at wallyworld right behind you.  I need some wire.  I tried with some 18 - 20 gauge stainless welding wire.  It had too much spring to it.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 08:26:58 am »
Looking good!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DustinDees

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 08:14:21 pm »
thank you guys. Timo thats funny, i work at wally world and thats exactly what i wrapped the last 2 with. i tried 4 other (harder) wraps before i tried this wrap. it was the easiest and looked the best IMO. thanks again guys.

Dustin D
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativit

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 05:36:16 pm »
I've just been wrapping around the notch, I'll have to try the wrap you showed.
VB

Offline DustinDees

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 05:25:34 am »
Madcrow and Venisonburger to get the tutorial i used google "wire wrapped tutorial" and about the 3rd link should be to glitter glow beading, i think they are an advertised site so i didnt post the link. tons of great wire wrap tutorials for free there. i need to get some flat wound wire and try the cab wire wrap with prongs for some of the girls at work that want to buy em.