Author Topic: Ya never know.  (Read 1870 times)

Offline cracker

Ya never know.
« on: September 16, 2009, 06:51:58 am »
Yesterday I took my wife for a doctors visit, this guy had taken care of her really well he was even on time for all her appointments no sitting in the waiting room for hours we went in and when her appointment came up she was called. Anyways I decided to give him a point that I had made just as a sort of a token of appreciation. I fully expected that he would lay it on the table say something like thats really nice and that'd be it. Turns out he's something of a student of knapping and such knew what kind of rock it was where  it could found in the area boy was I surprised. I guess you just never know.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Hardawaypoints

Re: Ya never know.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 08:25:24 am »
I went in to see a doctor that I'd never seen/ met before and the walls in his eaxm room were loaded with ancient points in frames.  I admired them before he came in to examine me.  As soon as he came in, I asked where he was keeping the paleo stuff. He quickly answered "At Home".  I happened to have  a couple of points I'd knapped in my pocket, which I showed him. He was very impressed when I told him that I made them.  I gave them to him and he gave me extra medication rather than having to get a prescription filled.  I know it was sample stuff, but he gave me more than just a couple & I figure it saved me around $80.

You do never know.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: Ya never know.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 08:27:52 am »
You better go buy you a lottery ticket...I'd say that was about as likely an event as winning the lottery would be. You might talk him into making a bow...my doctor has been to the Classic several times and has made bows for himself and his oldest son.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...