Author Topic: a going away present  (Read 11771 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: a going away present
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 11:48:01 pm »
 Hernando/Pasco county line ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 11:58:58 pm »

What cities are around there?  And when?

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 07:48:28 am »
Sounds interesting,I'm going up to that artifact show at St Leo Aug 1st, You know any places around there were you won't get shot?
Roger
Venice Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 10:02:07 pm »
 Well from what Ryan said that coral is not too far from St.Leo. Also Buddy Lake is right down the road, not sure if you can still get in there. It was a killer dig site for years. The guys left big heat treated flakes and spalls every where.  I'll chec out some Buddy lake spots before then.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 01:33:29 am »

Alright, let me know if you want to make a road trip.  I am driving out to Montana tomorrow, or I guess today, Tuesday.  Anyway, I will probably be out there about three weeks or so.  I will let you know when I get back.  I would like to go do that.
thanks.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 07:51:48 am »
  I went back and looked at that next to last picture and I believe that rock is Brooksville Chert. If you look in the top center of it you will see a pocket of Dogtooth, Calcite crystals. It still knaps good heated to around 400dgs.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline redwasp

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 10:34:33 am »
Ryan, I know how you hate Hickory but you might like it a bit more once in Montana.. Richard.
If one man can do it, another man can do it. Richard......Northeastern PA.

Offline billy

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 12:43:49 am »
HEy Ryan,

Why are you moving out to Montana?  Job?  Or just looking for a change of scenery??
Marietta, Georgia

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 02:05:50 am »
just got all settled into montana and starting to get into a routine again.
billy- moved to montana cause FL is just no good for me. montana has better deer hunting for me, better scenery, less sweat, and no building codes outside of town....all around a better place to be, now that i am out here in MT, you couldnt pay me to go back to FL.
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline John K

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 04:05:27 pm »
Good to hear you made it ! Looking foward to some pictures of that country...
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline stickbender

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 01:48:14 am »

Ryan, glad to hear you made it out there safe and sound.  I just came back from Thompson Falls, and decided I was going to live out there even if I had to live in my Garage.  I have a small living quarters in it, and finished it up this trip, and my buddy's mother n law gave me a stove, and refrigerator.  I stayed in the garage living quarters, the last week I was out there.  I will be living there soon.  My Buddy, and another contractor will start digging my walk out basement in a week from now.  I still haven't sold my house yet, but I have to talk to my Brother, since half of the sale will be his, he is out west traveling with his wife, and some friends, and I haven't been able to get in touch with him for a couple of days.  Any way, my house is being built in Montana, and I will be a genuine Montanian also.  Howdy, Howdy, yup, nope, etc.  Gotta practice.  I couldn't find any agate in the Clark Fork, or anything down in Townsend, just south of Helena.  Yes indeed, Fla. ain't what it used to be, and Montana is definitely the place to be!  I will miss the swamps, and ocean, but that's about it, other than Family, and Friends.  I stopped off in Billings to see some cousins I haven't seen for quite a while.  Where is Lewiston located at?  Mullet, I will have extra bedrooms, so if you still haven't gotten your Merriam's yet, come on out, to Montana, and you can load up on them.  Oh, you still up for a road trip?  I have a clown class to teach, and a clown convention to attend next week, but before that, and after, I have plenty of time.

Wayne

Offline Jaeger

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2009, 05:40:17 pm »
Sure would like to see some pics of Montana rocks  or some florida coral points ,hint ,hint.

Offline jcinpc

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2009, 04:52:08 am »
eddie I was gonna say the same thing about that rock, at first it looked like pindead but the inside looks like brooksville chert

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2009, 12:55:01 pm »
I am glad you finally got to the rocky mountains.. maybe we can get together for some arrow slinging sometime... Hawk..
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline warhawk

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2009, 05:24:33 pm »
I've never worked coral i hope it works out and you can show some of your worked pieces.
In working in stone i find my past, in giving of the blood i pay for the future.