Author Topic: Some Fletching Questions  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Wildchild

Some Fletching Questions
« on: October 17, 2009, 10:00:15 pm »
What is the easiest way ya'll have found to fletch 3 feathers? ive only been able to do 2, and have had to much trouble with three, what do you all do?
They may be able to take our guns...but when they do, they better beware our bows!

Independence, MO

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Some Fletching Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 11:05:23 pm »
For hand fletching I put 3 pencil marks near the nock for the location of each feather. Secure the first feather with a complete thread or sinew wrap around the shaft and add the second feather on it's mark, give it a wrap and add the third with several wraps to secure the rear of all 3 feathers. I then do the same of the forward end but I eyeball the location, depending on the amount of offset or helical. After I've secured the front some I pull the quill to tighten the feathers against the shaft then complete the wrap to cover the end of the quill.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Wildchild

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 11:14:49 pm »
thanks pat, thats just about what i was gonna try anyways!
They may be able to take our guns...but when they do, they better beware our bows!

Independence, MO

Offline Cromm

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 06:04:13 am »
Hi not sure if I can post this here? If not you can remove it.
Try having a look at this Wildchild;
http://www.primitiveways.com/fletching_jig.html

Thanks for your time.
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline Wildchild

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 10:47:15 am »
hey, thanks Cromm, not too sure whether or not thats supposed to be there, but as helpful as that is, i dont think i care LOL
thanks alot though, thats really helpful! I only wish i woulda checked back sooner, instead of spending about 2 hours trying to hold all 3 feathers on!
WildChild

Independence, MO