Author Topic: Help finding some good rock!!! (Near Wheller County TX)  (Read 3021 times)

Offline smokeu

Help finding some good rock!!! (Near Wheller County TX)
« on: July 21, 2009, 03:19:48 pm »
Hey everybody im headed to Elk City Oklahoma hopefully at the end of the month. Does anyone know if there is some good places to collect some good rock in this area? Ill be driving up from East TX, and can also stop along the way if there is a good place to hunt up some stone. I have found some good rock around west of Dallas before just not sure about up in OK.

Any tips on hunting or places to look would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks
Mike

Job Actually in Wheeler County TX not Elk City..... My boss is crazy.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 04:06:46 pm by smokeu »
Longview, TEXAS

Offline Jaeger

Re: Help finding some good rock!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 05:26:39 pm »
Thats what I need to do find a source to get my own rock ,that way you can have some rock to go with your cortex .lol

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 07:53:12 am »
Wish I knew up there Mike. I've searched around a little in S central Ok to no avail. I heard some could be had below the dam at Texoma, went there once didn't find anything - I know it's up there but just don't know where to look. If you could swing by SW TX, then I could tell ya where to look.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline smokeu

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 10:10:29 am »
Thanks cowboy, I get as far as Thurbur TX on rare occasions not really too much south. However around the Brazos past Weatherford I have found some good knappable stuff.... not sure what kind though. 

Jaeger that went over my head.

thanks,

Mike
Longview, TEXAS

Offline Jaeger

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 12:18:10 pm »
I was just being a wise guy ,I had a few flakes that were almost all cortex ,but the most of it was good stuff .

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline smokeu

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 01:32:45 pm »
ok still over my head a bit but i get it.... take it easy on the new guy. Ill have to post some pics of my crappy points so you can make fun of those too. lol

Thanks for clarifiyin,

Mike
Longview, TEXAS

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 02:47:56 pm »
I went down to 1st Avenue North asking where to find some good rock and they locked me up LOL   ;D ;D

Just kidding.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

jreb

Re: Help finding some good rock!!! (Near Wheller County TX)
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 09:01:26 am »
I went down to 1st Avenue North asking where to find some good rock and they locked me up LOL   

LOL Yeah i get a hard time when someone calls and asks what am i doing and i say cooking rock  :)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 02:15:03 pm »
LOL me too.   Everyone I know that doesn't know me very well makes the same assumptions.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 02:23:23 am »
 ;D i almost fell out of the chair laughing. :D
lets just shoot it