Author Topic: Tip Overlay For a Boo back  (Read 3780 times)

AKAPK

Re: Tip Overlay For a Boo back
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 02:37:21 am »
Eddie ,Naw it was sticking out of the tube when I got it I think the Enviromental change made the Overlay expand and contract so the hook part of the over lay snapped off.
I did a complete overhaul and got it at what, 52@26 59NTN or 58@28  I piked it 2 inches on each end,put some elk skin for groove silencers, Horn layered Overlays Lowered the Arrow rest to 1.25 from center Put a Elk skin Grip on added A leather disc around the Compass and made a couple string for it. I also shot it about 50 times, let it set braced for a few hours to see if the Horn overlays would Pop,Killer Bow I'm tellin ya.
 Not sure what the spine on the Arrows I used but at 10 yards there was no whatya callit, up-down pitching, withing 5" of center. I also re-colored the back put a couple coats of True oil on it.
Sorry about Changing it But I just couldn't resist( Artist in Me). Tiller is still good, I just don't have my camera anymore to show that, I used my scanner to get these pics. Thanks Eddie, its a real fast screamer.Now I just hope I don't rip The Cartilage. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 02:40:50 am by AKAPK »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 09:26:18 am »
 It looks good, Phillip. If the arrows fly good out of it I wouldn't change anything.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

AKAPK

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 10:36:19 pm »
I still called it Oatmeal 55@26" 60"NTN Aprox. Made this quiver and am using the arrows I got from Kegan meaasuring about 29" With points not sure of weight they just shoot straight and Accurate.

[attachment deleted by admin]