Author Topic: TomB Memorial Bow  (Read 87399 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: TomB Memorial Bow
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 02:57:39 pm »
Sounds good Alan, Think ya can turn them shafts into arrows ;) Say a 1/2 dozen :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 03:01:20 pm »
Yeah I should be able to Dana, I'll look and make sure I can find them this evening.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 03:27:06 pm »
Thanks Alan, this is starting to shape up nicely :)

Anyone care to join in? A nice homemade quiver would be a great addition as wood a knife and a bow sock :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 03:44:39 pm »
It would be great if everyone involved would document what they are contributing with a few pics(High Res please, eh Dana?) and maybe share a few personal anecdotes about Tom. Dana and I both had the idea of putting all of this together in an article for PA Magazine. I think it will be a very nice tribute for Tom.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 03:48:06 pm »
                       Count Me in..........I got the Bow Sock Dana......do you want Me to send it to You?
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 07:11:57 pm »
I have an axis deer hide in the freezer that I could tan. This would take a month or so. I doubt I could make the quality of quiver this project would deserve if someone would volunteer their skills.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 09:20:27 pm »
I found the bamboo that Tom gave me at Hickory and I'll get started on them tomorrow. He said they were some he had cut himself a couple years ago. That's a good idea Pat, I'll take some pics as I work on them.

Alan

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 11:15:28 pm »
Good Alan. I'll be down at Dick's rendezvous. We can all talk then.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 12:00:52 am »
I will cover the knife if that is ok with you guy's..??

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 12:30:24 am »
Sounds good David. Thanks.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 11:52:08 am »
Busy as heck here at work, I have two co-op students doing a month long internship.

As of now I'm working at roughing out the stave, I had to violate some grain to avoid some bad spots so
it will definately need a rawhide backing, I still need to do some work on it then I will let ya all know if
I think it will make a bow. It will need some heat correcting so if its ok with Pappy I will send it on to him to do his magic :)

David knight is doing a knife.

Mike Roberts is doing the bow sock.

Alan is working on some arrows. How many ya making Alan?

Jeff offered to tan a axis deer hide, anyone willing to make a quiver from it?

Could still use a custom bracer, and if some knappers want to donate some stone points that would be cool.

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 11:53:54 am »
Also don't forget to take a few pictures of yourself with your part in the project.
Please send finished items to PatB as he lives close to Patrick and can do the presentation :)

Thanks for all the help guys, I think this will be a lasting memory for Patrick.

Manistique, MI

Offline John K

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 01:50:06 pm »
You guys are doing a really good thing here  :)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 01:57:35 pm »
Dana, I had 8 shafts that Tom gave me. Out of those I have 4 that are going to make a nice matched set and I'll put field points on these. If someone would like to send 2 stone points I'll haft them on sourwood shoots to make 6 arrows total.

Alan

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 02:46:00 pm »
If Jeff can get the hide tanned, I'll make the quiver.