Author Topic: Anyone have recent pics of their hunting spots?  (Read 7247 times)

Offline Mechslasher

Anyone have recent pics of their hunting spots?
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:39:51 am »
here's one i'm looking forward to hunting.  this stand is setup where three lanes merge along side a rail road track.  on opening afternoon last year i watched 16 deer filter through this spot, but didn't have permission to hunt it then.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Mechslasher

Re: Anyone have recent pics of their hunting spots?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 06:25:39 pm »
a view from a couple more spots.

"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 07:54:52 pm »
Next time I'm out I will bring the camera and get some pics :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 11:41:47 pm »
Here are a few of mine from last year.  First one my club in GA.

...and here at my place. I used Bucky on a few hunts but no success.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 11:05:16 am »
Finishing up a couple more. :) Some of the food plots are up already and the Acorn crop is pretty good this year ,so it should be a good year.Got about 1/14 stands up so far and like just a few more.
The core is always good but will be cut most likely before the season opens.They will stay in it all winter so I prefer it over beans as far as farm crops go.I used winter oats,Australian winter pees,Rape and greens in most of my plots and the deer really seem to love the mix.I also sow winter oats right in the corners of the corn and when they cut it and the trash and combine puts it in the ground it comes up great and don't even need any fertilizer. :) Good luck guys and shoot straight.
Hope yall kill the big one,I am mainly after meat,I won't shoot anything less that 20-25 inches.That back strap length I am talking about.  ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 02:35:17 pm »
i hung eight stands by myself this weekend and i was wore out.  my plots are also coming along great this year.  i planted abruzzi rye, rape, clover, purpletop turnips, winter peas, buckwheat, and some american vetch.

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 08:20:40 pm »
 I'm going up to my lease this coming weekend. I'll take some pictures. I planted a food plot two weeks ago but I'm afraid I'm going to find out the turkeys have scratched it up when I get there. If they have, plan"B" goes into action. I'll hang the 55gal feeder 10 yards in front of my stand. ;D And we can shoot either sex turkey during archery season.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 10:48:16 pm »
I put my cuddeback out a couple weeks ago...didn't get anything big on it...but i got a good buck in the makings!  and his good sized mom.  ;D  She looks yummy

-Ky

GBR!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 08:09:39 pm »
 I was at the lease this weekend. This is the area I'm hunting. I set the feeder going today spitting out soybeans, the bears don't like them.My food plot just wasn't doing it, haven't had enough rain but it is starting to cool off a little. All my bow shots should be under 15 yards.

Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 08:54:05 pm »
I used to love hunting out of those old live oaks. You hardly need a stand. Just stretch out on one of the "recliner" limbs. Brings back memories of Coastal SC.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 09:02:38 pm »
 Pat, I thought about building a tree house in that one.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 12:04:24 am »
treehouse hell, i could build a condo with those limbs.  just finished a 64 sqft. treehouse for the kids over the summer.  brought back memories of building treestands in my younger days.

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 12:41:06 am »
Eddie, with your soybean spreader you could just camp out in the tree house and hunt at the same time. Battery operated TV for the ball games, cooler of your choice of beverage and an A/C for those warm days.  8)
  Even as open as those old giants are its easy to blend in because of the size of the limbs.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 11:57:37 am »
i love live oaks. got 3 on my 40 acer plot. think i might try to haul my rather large self up into one.
lets just shoot it

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 12:57:21 pm »
Here are a couple Pictures of My Lease...not much cover...but plenty of Water and Feed...put a Google Earth Photo in there too....The two Bucks are Twins from 2005....We were waiting for them to Mature...but for the last 2 Years...when Season starts....they go Nocturnal on Us...get lots of Pictures of the Two of them still....just not in the Daytime...normally at about 3-4 am!!

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome