Author Topic: My first R/D laminate bow...  (Read 8037 times)

radius

Re: My first R/D laminate bow...
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2009, 02:30:19 pm »
looks great, man...where you from, anyway?

Offline akila

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 03:11:05 pm »
looks great, man...where you from, anyway?
IM from Romania....and i have to say that it is verry dificult sometimes to find good materials, for bows....but wi are verry passionate, and wi  dont give up so easey ;D....I have to say that  i shoot the bow today...it is realy fast....and i have tried some flight  shooting today with him....and i shoot 3 arrows... and the distance wass...170yards first arrow, 180 yards second arrow, and the third arrow, i could not find it ...it wass a fence at 200 yards ...and the arrow come down right into that fence....and i could not find it no moore....so the distance for the third arrow wass arrounde 200 yards....i dont know iff its ok or not, but the  bow is pretty fast...i wish i could have a crono to measure the speed....i will buy one verry soon and thenn i will be able to tell u the speed of this bow....im realy haapy u like my  bow...thk. u all for your replays...

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 03:14:44 pm »
told ya it would be fast!!!!  Good job again!!!!!!!!    :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 10:19:22 pm »
This is a fine bow. I love the R/D style and wood comination. An excellent contribution to Sept Laminate BOM. Thanks!, akila.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 12:11:51 am »
Great  looking  bow, 200  yds  from  a  45#  bow,  that seems  quite  remarkable
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline akila

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 05:10:21 am »
HI....i forgot to mention, i finaly found that missing arrow....it wass at 180 yards.... ;D....

Offline DanaM

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 07:10:22 am »
Very nicely done akila, I love the colors on her :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Grunt

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 07:13:04 am »
Your bow has got great lines. I can feel the stored energy just looking at it. Seeing your bow taught me something, I have to narrow my tips!
Thanks

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 09:13:25 am »
Beautiful bow Akila. Nice work. I imagine you planned it with the belly laminations like that right? I have one similar, but mine was accidental. I was trying to make a  multi lam but by the time I got down to the weight I was after I had gone through one of the laminations.  ::)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 09:30:48 am »
This is a very nice bow! Really like the underlays at the tips!
Frank from Germany...

Offline snedeker

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 12:48:47 pm »
Everything is beautiful on it.  Good going.

Dave

Offline akila

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 02:08:39 pm »
Justyn....mine wass accidental also....i did not plan to make it like this...but i did something wrong....i wass trying to get the tips as light as posibile, and i  sanded the tips to much, and they loose all the reflex becose of that.... so i had to do something to put the reflex back on those tips, so  i sad to my self to make 2 strips for each arm, and  put the reflex back ,,,and this is why  it looks like this right now....it wass an accident.....but it turned out ok in the end... ;D