Main Discussion Area > HowTo's and Build-a-longs

RESIZIN' PICTURES

(1/7) > >>

726whk:
 I TRIED POSTIN' SOME PICS BUT GET A MESSAGE THAT THEIR TO BIG. I'M A CAVEMAN AT THIS STUFF SO PLEASE EXPLAIN IN LAYMENS ( CAVEMANS) TERMS. I GUESS I NEED TO MAKE THE PICS SMALLER SOMEHOW. RIGHT NOW THEIR ON MY DESKTOP ....SO HOW DO I MAKE 'EM SMALLER ?

Coo-wah-chobee:
.... If you have paint on your desktop go to it and then go to attributes in image and resize try resizing them to 640x640--see if it works--trust me Iam a caveman at this also, try lower cas when you post messages so you dont sound like youre shouting........................bob

mnewcomb59:
640 x 640 will throw them out of proportion. Go with 640 x 480 to maintain the original proportions and not make the pictures look stretched.

Pat B:
After many frustating years and blurry pics I finally figured if I set my camera at the lowest quality picture setting the pics will come out 640x480. Just right for posting. It works on both of our dig cameras. Both are HP but 2 differant models.     Pat

Hillbilly:
Pat, you can usually control the size and quality seperately on the camera, you should be able to take 640 x 480 pics that are still good resolution. 726whk, most computers have some kind of photo software on them. When you open the pic, your computer probably uses this software to display it. When you click on the "edit" or "image" tab near the top of the screen, there should be a "resize" option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version