Author Topic: 09 mule deer  (Read 14471 times)

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

Re: 09 mule deer
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 10:50:34 am »
thanks guys

tawster- sry i overlooked your question. it was on the ground, no blind, just standing behind a bush where they cross the creek. you can hear them coming down the bank so i knew to get the bow up and come to half draw. when they come into view they are actually passed me offering a quartering away shot. i have also found that deer dont look behind them for danger as much as infront of them so if you draw your bow once they walk past you 5 or 10 yards you are less likely to be noticed....that technique has work for me on numerous occasions.
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Kent D.

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 04:49:24 pm »
excellent harvest.

Offline t0dd

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 09:34:38 pm »
tawster- sry i overlooked your question. it was on the ground, no blind, just standing behind a bush where they cross the creek. you can hear them coming down the bank so i knew to get the bow up and come to half draw. when they come into view they are actually passed me offering a quartering away shot. i have also found that deer dont look behind them for danger as much as infront of them so if you draw your bow once they walk past you 5 or 10 yards you are less likely to be noticed....that technique has work for me on numerous occasions.

Fascinating. Where I hunt the deer are so skittish (too many dogs around)... not sure that would work for me at that location. Good info though. Thanks.
tawster, aka Todd