Author Topic: any upcoming knap-in's in Missouri ?  (Read 2765 times)

chance

any upcoming knap-in's in Missouri ?
« on: October 14, 2009, 05:39:40 pm »
   After being bitten by the knapping bug several months ago- I stumbled on to this site. I'm just blown away by the amount of collective talent here in one spot!
    Saturday the 10th, I went to Cahokia Mounds in IL and attended a 4 hour knapping class given by Larry Kinsella. I'd have to say that the "hook is set."
  Does anyone know of a knap-in any where between Cape Giradeau and say... St Louis MO? I'm about an hour south of Stl. and the only knap-in I've been able to find is out toward Branson, a pretty good haul from here, but they do get together every month according to the web site.
       Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer, I'd really appreciate it.
                                                                                                                        Rob

Offline Timo

Re: any upcoming knap-in's in Missouri ?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:18:58 am »
Most of the knappins are done for this year,but there are several around annually. Chech out  Water creek, Osage knappin, Bodark,mojam, Mo Trading company.

chance

Re: any upcoming knap-in's in Missouri ?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 06:56:53 pm »
Thanks Timo, I'll start my search based on your suggestions above. I learn so much more by watching and doing, as compared to reading. I'll hit at least one of the knap-ins you mentioned for sure.  Thanks again!
                                                                                                                                              Rob