Author Topic: First re/de  (Read 2538 times)

Grunt

First re/de
« on: October 21, 2009, 07:39:39 pm »
Well here's my first reflex deflex BBI. The bow is 66" tip to tip. She pulls 55# at 28". I will get some photos of her drawn and some close up of the tips and post them soon. I don't know about the rest of you but I been digging Ipe splinters out of my hands for two days. At least they are dark so I can see where to dig.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dano

Re: First re/de
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 07:44:29 pm »
From what I can see it looks good, these old eyes need bigger pictures ::) just sayin from one old grunt to another.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 08:02:03 pm »
awesome work from what I can tell from the pictures!!!!  Cant wait for the full draw!   :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 08:02:51 pm »
Nice bow.  I HATE working with rough sawn Ipe!  I have yet to encounter a wood as bad for splinters.

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Grunt

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 06:39:23 pm »
Here's some pict on the tree.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 06:56:53 pm »
full draw looks great!!  How did you shape the riser for glue-on with the deflex curve and end up with such a great glue line?  I am about to start one and want it to turn out that nice.    :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 03:20:27 am »
That looks great!
Ipé splinters are nasty little buggers, aren't they!?
Frank from Germany...

Grunt

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 07:09:27 am »
full draw looks great!!  How did you shape the riser for glue-on with the deflex curve and end up with such a great glue line?  I am about to start one and want it to turn out that nice.    :)  -josh

glued up the handle with 3 12" strips about .300 thick. Cabinet rasp for shaping. 60 grit paper down to 220.  I'll have a better glue line on the next one as I won't score the lam's so deeply. I want to provide tooth for the glue and have a clean line.

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 11:35:38 am »
This is a humdinger for sure! Great tiller. If you post another full draw, you might give me a heads up.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday