Author Topic: Zero string follow secrets?  (Read 48575 times)

Offline Dano

Re: Zero string follow secrets?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 05:16:28 pm »
"string follow is a symptom of set, they are not different" Sorry that ain't workin either, if that's the case you don't see string follow till you use up all your reflex during tiller or the life of the bow. After every bow is unbraced you will see it take string follow and relax in time, no matter how minute the measurement is. I guess what Tim baker was trying to say is everything is called set until the tips pass the handle, the he calls is string follow. I'm sorry it's set, and it's different than string follow.  >:D A couple of days after Veterens Day, and I'm still proud I fought for the right to argue, and stand up for my beliefs.  ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline MaceG

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 12:34:31 am »
I think that's pretty much what jawge was saying, Dano. Set is permanent, string follow is temporary. At least that's what I got from it
Set happens - Jawge

radius

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 01:23:06 am »
funny that you give Jawge credit for that one...

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 05:11:02 am »
Funny no one has mentioned the secret of no set-fg:)
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2009, 05:21:01 am »
I accept it as a sign that you are getting the most out of the wood. I don't like to see very long bows being drawn short with barely any curveature. I think that poor bow, it could be working so much harder and having a more fulfilling existence as a bow :'(
Del ;D
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Lukasz Nawalny

• Lukasz Nawalny
    • Camelot bows
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 07:19:29 am »
Zero string follow it is not very hard to rich. Like you said - induce 2 inch of reflex before tillering , belly tempred after first phase of tillering , its not big deal ;)

radius

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 07:33:31 am »
"string follow is a symptom of set, they are not different" Sorry that ain't workin either, if that's the case you don't see string follow till you use up all your reflex during tiller or the life of the bow. After every bow is unbraced you will see it take string follow and relax in time, no matter how minute the measurement is. I guess what Tim baker was trying to say is everything is called set until the tips pass the handle, the he calls is string follow. I'm sorry it's set, and it's different than string follow.  >:D A couple of days after Veterens Day, and I'm still proud I fought for the right to argue, and stand up for my beliefs.  ;D

don't get political, this is an archery forum. 

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 09:48:42 am »
Once in a great while I use a piece of osage that refuses to take any set, can't explain it, it just happens. For the rest of my osage I reflex the stave 3" before I start tillering and have little set in a finished bow.

Offline Dano

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 10:07:52 am »
"don't get political, this is an archery forum"

Nothing political about what I said, just stating a fact.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

radius

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2009, 01:06:47 pm »
as for dealing with string follow:  use a heat gun and gum varnish, as described my Marc St Louis in TBB4.  Awesome results.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 01:07:07 pm »
It seems we all have a right to disagree here, so lets do that and quit the pissing contest.

I am going to post this here for all to read because I am tired of editing posts day in and day out. Primitive Archer has established this forum for FAMILY friendly use. The rules prohibit cursing and foul language. I have received PMs from the owners asking me to eliminate language that is inappropriate for a family forum. Some people keep on typing and I keep on removing and sending PMs. It needs to stop. You all know what language I am talking about. I don't care if it is not offensive to you, it is offensive to some, including the owners. If you feel you need to use this language, go start your own forum where you can use it all you want.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

radius

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 01:32:38 pm »
Thanks for the clearly-worded message.  I did not use any foul language in the post you deleted, did i?  I believe i kept curse words out of it, and simply stated an opinion.  Isn't that the freedom of speech the vets say they fought for?

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 01:46:19 pm »
"Set Happens" 
lol

That's REALLY funny! ...we all should wear t-shirts saying that; it would be a sort of Elite crowd to even understand! - Love it...
Frank from Germany...

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 01:47:04 pm »
LOL  I'll  buy  a  shirt:)
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

radius

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2009, 01:52:14 pm »
me too!