Author Topic: Things you have Accidently shot in the House.  (Read 8780 times)

Offline skyarrow

• Sterling Lynch Victoria, TX (361)935-1715 text me
Re: Things you have Accidently shot in the House.
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2009, 12:21:41 pm »
i almost shot my moms horse with a ricochet 
"We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents" Bob Ross RIP 1995

vtclimber

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2009, 12:45:53 pm »
Damn, this post could not have come at a better time! JUST last night I was sitting on the couch with Katie and wanted to try a new (cheap) crossbow pistol a friend gave me for kicks. We figured we could take out rats with it. Well, I set up several boxes and filled them with old shop towels. Did',t think it would have a lot of power. Sighted it and shot.....through the top of the first box and into a 200 year old white oak mantel....Katie was not happy and promptly informed me that the house was NOT the place to be shooting bows.....

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2009, 01:08:38 pm »
Once I was letting the hammer down on a .40 auto and it slipped off my thumb.  To this day we have no idea where the bullit went...we looked for HOURS and found no holes in the floor, walls, cieling, TV (where it was pointed), stereo equipment, etc...we looked everywhere and couldn't find a trace of the slug.

I've shot lots of other things in the house...but very few accidents.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2009, 02:50:19 pm »
Once I was letting the hammer down on a .40 auto and it slipped off my thumb.  To this day we have no idea where the bullit went...we looked for HOURS and found no holes in the floor, walls, cieling, TV (where it was pointed), stereo equipment, etc...we looked everywhere and couldn't find a trace of the slug.

I've shot lots of other things in the house...but very few accidents.

I did the same thing with my Dad's 9mm into our living room floor. My friends and I were shooting our trash barrel out behind our house and he left the gun cocked, when he gave it back to me without the clip in it inside the house I noticed the hammer was back and instead of checking the chamber I tried to let the hammer down and slipped. Scared the crap out of me/him and serves as a reminder for me to this day to always double check the chamber. 
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2009, 02:57:11 pm »
I did the same thing with my Dad's 9mm into our living room floor. My friends and I were shooting our trash barrel out behind our house and he left the gun cocked, when he gave it back to me without the clip in it inside the house I noticed the hammer was back and instead of checking the chamber I tried to let the hammer down and slipped. Scared the crap out of me/him and serves as a reminder for me to this day to always double check the chamber.

Damn straight.  Good lessons learned hard ways...I'm very glad I learned very young and very "all by myself".
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2009, 08:21:56 pm »
 I was showing somebody the nice safety feature of a Colt 1911. Well guess who depressed the grip safety when he pulled the trigger? It was in my livingroom, and carpet, padding and concrete dust was floating everywhere. I was glad my ears were ringing that way all I could do was see my wife's lips moving. And I thanked God it didn't richochet across into the China Cabinet with her families turn of the century, German, formal China set.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2009, 10:40:25 pm »
It wasn't in the house, but I accidentally shot the neighbors dog in my yard.  O:)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Dave 55

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2010, 02:34:42 am »
For absolute supidity mine may win a prize,I was wondering how far I was drawing a hickory bow I had made so I drew an arrow and asked my wife to gently grab it at the front of the handle and pull it off,the nock was fairly tight and she ignored gently and grabed it and gave it a pull,the string slipped from my fingers in a perfect release and the arrow took of like a rocket out the living room window towards my neighbors house.Our houses are seperated by about 10 yds and it was about 10 pm so I took a peak out the window and didnt see my arrow.I went to bed that night wondering who I killed with that arrow.The next morning bright and early,way early I got up and started investigating and looking out the window I could see it stuck in the shingles on his roof,I figured it had to be a God thing or it would have ended up in the parking lot of a grocery store.I dont do that any more.
Now is the good old days

Offline KShip85

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2010, 12:09:39 pm »
Hmm...lets see, inside the house I have shot a couple walls, a chair and stuck a few in the carpet. 

Outside I managed to skip one off a wooden table that my target was sitting on and send it another 50 yds into the side of my parents jeep. 

My all time dumbest shot ever was several years ago when I was a dumb teenager who was out in the field with my buddy and decided to see how high my dads wheelie bow would shoot an arrow.  Pulled her back and let her fly watching the arrow the whole time, well my buddy had gotten a little spooked because he didn't see it take off and was worried about us getting hit so he took off running, as I noticed I told him not to run that way but he didn't hear me and stopped and stooped over right as the arrow came down landing about a foot and a half to his right.  Absolutely scared the crap out of both of us.  Learned that day if you're going to do something dumb in a field either establish before hand the protocol or do it alone to minimize injury to by-standers.  Needless to say I have not tried to shoot an arrow straight in the air since.

Kip
Kip Shipley    Bloomington, IN

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2010, 01:27:00 pm »
this wasnt in the house but the back garden, a friend and I had a target set up at about 25yds with a net behind it, to stop stray arrows going in the neigbhours garden. I asked my friend if he could shoot left handed, so he tried, the arrow went over the net, through the window of the negibhours shed, leaving a clean arrow sized hole and stuck in a piece of wood the other side of the shed. It was pretty embarassing to explain things to the neigbhour, but he was very understanding!
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......