Author Topic: AVATAR  (Read 46944 times)

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
Re: AVATAR
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2010, 11:43:20 pm »
Welllll.......some say the world is ours. Not really. We're part of the world. Since we can't exist without the world, it isn't really ours, we're part of it. Kinda like if the heart decided it could exist without the rest of the body. It isn't really ours to do as we please with. Case in point: Love Canal. Not everything here is for our enjoyment. Case in point: Ticks, chiggers, mosquitos, biting flies, lice.  ;D They serve some purpose, though it's certainly hard to understand what that is when chiggers dig in real good in certain sensitive spots.  :o

I'm not a "hands off" advocate by any means, but we're all downwinders in the end.  ;D
Living a dream...

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2010, 11:49:02 pm »
Kinda off topic, but I wonder why anyone hasn't made a movie fictionalizing the life of Otzi the Iceman? Done right, that would be a movie to see! Some lucky primitive archer or bowyer would have a stint as technical adviser if the movie was done right.
Living a dream...

Offline Jesse

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2010, 12:14:34 am »
Welllll.......some say the world is ours. Not really. We're part of the world. Since we can't exist without the world, it isn't really ours, we're part of it. Kinda like if the heart decided it could exist without the rest of the body. It isn't really ours to do as we please with. Case in point: Love Canal. Not everything here is for our enjoyment. Case in point: Ticks, chiggers, mosquitos, biting flies, lice.  ;D They serve some purpose, though it's certainly hard to understand what that is when chiggers dig in real good in certain sensitive spots.  :o

I'm not a "hands off" advocate by any means, but we're all downwinders in the end.  ;D
Yeah I realize we are subject to the same laws as the rest and cant exist alone. I didnt mean that. I meant its ours to do as we please simply because we are the only creature that can. We do have the power to do what we want. And yes I realize everything plays a role in the system. Our role is "boss" ;D We do need to be a good boss though. I said they are here for our enjoyment. I was referring to the fact that we are the only creature here that can truly appreciate anything. The rest just exist and dont think about it.  I understand what your saying though. to each his own. :)
As far as chiggers go I have not figured out a way to enjoy them yet but Im sure there is a way :)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2010, 01:22:43 am »
The only way to enjoy chiggers is if there was a hunt attached to it.  ;D
Living a dream...

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2010, 05:37:15 am »
weird thing is that I NEVER get chiggers...even after doing landscaping for 6 years...never once had chiggers.  My dad gets them pretty much EVERY DAY.

I still don't know the reason I never get them chiggers

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2010, 05:14:22 pm »
So after reading all of this ....I still have a Question.......What is the Consensus...Should I go and see it in 3-D or not...We don't have IMAX here ...so that one is out...but I want to see it the Best Way possible.......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2010, 05:43:10 pm »
Kinda off topic, but I wonder why anyone hasn't made a movie fictionalizing the life of Otzi the Iceman?...

There was a German movie made in 1999 and it was pretty good as I recall; doku/fiction sort of thing...
Frank from Germany...

Offline Swamp Bow

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2010, 05:58:37 pm »
Hallo Frank, what was the title if you remember?  I've got a few days left before I head back home, maybe I can get a copy.

Swamp
From the middle of a swamp in SW Florida.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2010, 06:21:46 pm »
So after reading all of this ....I still have a Question.......What is the Consensus...Should I go and see it in 3-D or not...We don't have IMAX here ...so that one is out...but I want to see it the Best Way possible.......
If you havn't seen a 3D movie before then see it in 3D. If you have seed a 3D movie before don't bother. It doesn't really add to the story, but it has a good novely value and adds to the spectacle.
A bit like decorating a bow...not necessary, but a nice touch if that's what you feel like at the time.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2010, 06:47:48 pm »
Hallo Frank, what was the title if you remember?  I've got a few days left before I head back home, maybe I can get a copy.

Swamp

PM sent...
Frank from Germany...

Offline makenzie71

• I can robin hood an arrow if I hit it just right.
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2010, 08:45:47 pm »
Everyone I've talked to who spent the extra few bucks on the 3D version said it wasn't really worth it.
Goodbye, friends. I never thought I'd die like this. But I always really hoped. ~ Fry

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2010, 11:53:47 pm »
this movie in 3D is a MUST

Offline The Gopher

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2010, 02:07:43 pm »
I think you have to see this is 3D! this isn't the old red/blue lens, cardboard 3D stuff. This was a totally different experience, do the 3D!
45# at 27"

Offline archeronthewall

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2010, 02:46:55 pm »
Def. pay the extra 2 bucks for the 3D.  Like said earlier, this is not the red/blue lens stuff.  It is well crafted imagery.  No cheap tricks.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2010, 02:50:15 pm »
Thanks Guys....thats what I was hoping that everyone would say...I would love to see it in IMAX...but thats out of the Question in this Hicksville...lucky that Amarillo has a 3-D capable Theater.... ::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome