Author Topic: AVATAR  (Read 47242 times)

Offline medicinewheel

Re: AVATAR
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2010, 06:22:02 am »
Ps: did you see that there where as much as 4 different styles of bows? Some had recureves with string bridges if I had seen that right!
Does anyone know who made the bows???
Frank from Germany...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2010, 07:36:27 am »
Still waiting, hasn't made it here yet ???
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2010, 11:44:44 am »
i'm sure the bows were made of rubber, just like the ones on LOTR.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2010, 11:54:11 am »
It finally got here to our little movie theater, we went and saw it last weekend. I agree, it was a good movie. The plot was very predictable, but the visual effects were probably the best I've ever seen in a movie. Plus, the whole package of the planet and its life was very imaginative and interesting. I didn't really see it as anti-human, just realistic  anti-corporate greed. The same kind of things that were happening to the big blue dudes in the movie are happening right now on Earth to hillbillies in West Virginia, Lakota in South Dakota, Indians in the Amazon, native people in Africa, and other people all over the world, and likely will be as long as there is a buck to be made by the rich guy at the expense of the poor guy. I bet it would be a trip in 3D.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2010, 12:05:47 pm »
Steve....it was a TRIP in 3-D...We had it in IMAX 3-D....and when they were Jumping  fromTree to Tree....over Cliffs...and Flying....it made you get the Gut Rush like a Roller Coaster does...I am definitely going to see it again...and I have never gone back to see a Movie before......You are correct...it was not ...ANTI-HUMAN....It just showed how damned Greedy the Human Race can be...and how little Corporations respect Nature or Indigenous Life when in Pursuit of the Ever-Lovin Greenback
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2010, 01:25:42 pm »
i'm sure the bows were made of rubber, just like the ones on LOTR.

The way Nyetiri's longbow bent in several shots I wouldn't be surprised...
Frank from Germany...

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2010, 01:29:11 pm »
...I am definitely going to see it again...and I have never gone back to see a Movie before......

Have never gone back to see a movie twice in theater either, but already madearrangements to go to see it again TWICE...  ;D ;D ;D
Frank from Germany...

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2010, 01:34:46 pm »
I don't beleive that any of these Bows were Props...I beleive that they are a Computer Animated Graphics.........no real Bows at all

And Marius...I mean Frank..... :P.....Go see it in IMAX 3-D...if you can....it's Unbeleiveable.....really worth the Money
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:41:51 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2010, 07:12:05 pm »
Can't believe it made to Hillbillyburg before it made here to Yoopersville :(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2010, 07:52:13 pm »
Dana ...you have to take your Wife to this one....My Wife wasn't ever much for Sci-Fi's....but when this Movie ended...She was still in Awe....and the first words She uttered were....Man was that worth the Money....when can We see it again....then She said....I can't wait till it's out on Blue Ray.... :P..It is really awesome...it's going to be many...many years before a Movie tops this one for Special Effects....if ever....
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline david w.

« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2010, 11:56:32 pm »
pretty cool movie. i enjoyed it :)
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2010, 02:20:30 pm »
Checked out couple 'making of' clips on youtube and elsewhere:

Seems they had simple sticks with strings on 'em as props, that later got replace by what we get to see in the movie, just the same way the horses and almost everything else got replaced.
Actually the actors had archery lessons and practiced shooting with that certain anchor, though.
Frank from Germany...

Offline billy

« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2010, 04:09:08 pm »
yeah, I saw it in 3-D and it was awesome. 
Marietta, Georgia

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2010, 09:47:25 pm »
Told Ya ...You would not be let down...this Movie was awesome from the start to the final credits....me and the Wife never drank anything...ate anything...or got up to go to the Bathroom...if fact I don't think that We even Spoke for the three hours....and that didn't seem right either...time just sped by....I think it is going to be decades before the Effects in this Movie are Bested.....JMO
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stickbender

« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2010, 03:49:40 am »

Yep went to see it in three D tonight, with my Girlfriend who doesn't like Sci Fi's, but she said she enjoyed this one.  She thought there would be more stuff coming out of the screen in three D, the way they had built up the special effects in the advertising.  Like the Michael Jackson movie at Disney World.  But I did notice they used a two fletch...... ;)  Thems was sum kinda big arras!  Looked like the S.A. Indian arrows.  yeah, it was pretty quiet in there, except when the Girl who saved him, smacked him with her bow, and snarled at him, I leaned over to my Girlfirend and said " I think I dated her once " ;D  Other than that we didn't talk either.  We got there late, just as the part where he  is trying out the alien body.  But yeah great movie.

Wayne