Author Topic: opinions please  (Read 4201 times)

Offline sailordad

Re: opinions please
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 12:10:03 am »
sailordad,
      Threw a ruler up against the picture and the top string length measured 7.2 cm and the bottom string length was 9.0cm which would mean your right hand is too high. The limbs look the same in both pics even though you flipped the bow over so I'm guessing that the tiller is not too much off at all....just that your draw is consistant in both...but a little high.
half eye ;)

after reading your post,i did the same thing
you guys are right
i am consistantly drawing high on the string
new pics coming tomorrow
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline otis.drum

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 12:15:44 am »
sailor,
depending on the limb lengths and strengths it may be helpful to adjust both hands. is there a shelf cut?

if you are shooting off the hand, then adjust both hands until you get the best balance. you are looking for;
even tiller
verticle handle
no handshock
and want the arrow knocked somewhere about 3/8"-1/2" (or there abouts) above where the arrow rests (on a shelf or bow hand)

flipping the bow upside down for photos causes it's own dramas. you need to both; draw it from the same spot on the string when upright and upside down, and also, push on the handle in the same place when upright and upside down. do it the right way up first and mark the string where you drew from and the handle where the pressure was (usually the pad at the bottom of the thumb or the webbing between the thumb and forefinger). you can use a small piece of electrical tape to mark the spots. when you flip it you need to be applying pressure to the same spots.
Cape York, Australia

Offline sailordad

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 12:20:24 am »
otis,thats good info
right now the handle area is quit meaty as i plan on cutting a shelf on this one once the tiller is finished and
it shows me which limb it wants as the top
but i will take new phots pulling from the center or very near to it an try to get the web of my hand centered also
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline otis.drum

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 12:41:42 am »
sailor,
you could hold and pull it from the centre of handle and string to get photos and choose a top/bottom, but i would be more inclined to hold it in a position you would once it's finished and draw from slightly above pretending this is the right way up. take a photo. then flip it and do the same again pretending again this is the right way up. take a photo. choose a top and bottom. and stick with it. cut your shelf, make adjustment to you tiller.

again adjusting and looking for ;
even tiller
verticle handle
no handshock
arrow knocked about 3/8"-1/2" above the shelf or where it will be.
Cape York, Australia