Author Topic: texas rock  (Read 15295 times)

Offline sailordad

Re: texas rock
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2010, 10:32:10 pm »
my brother is going to texas in a few weeks
im gonna show him these pics and tell him to look in planters at restuarants etc for this stuff
if he brings me some back,i might actually make a point for him ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2010, 11:00:45 pm »
Naw, that's a good load of 600 mile crap ya got there - hehehehe :D. It's just that some of it's better than others, and just cause it's purty don't mean it's the best knappin stuff :D. It will all make something, hahahaha ;D. Just wish I'd been paying attention while you were here - man, keep kickin myself in the butt..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2010, 12:04:21 am »
im drooling
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2010, 12:26:52 am »
 Tim, give your brother a little hammer and tell him to knock a chunk off so you get the good stuff. I've been going to lunch early, so I get my special parking spot, you know, away from the windows  ;)
  Paul, I was hoping we could get together, How about I kick ya in the Butt in Tenn? Or get ya a beer? ;) If I was doing what you were I probally couldn't find my phone.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2010, 01:21:37 am »
 ;D ;D ::)
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2010, 02:24:29 am »

So, Eddie did you put that crap in buckets? ;D  Are you going to heat treat it?  When are you going to be home?  The offer for Dinner, and a beer is still on.  I would like to get a piece of that stuff, to try to make a knife blade.  Every time I get a decent knife blade going out of Obsidian, just when I get to feeling like this going to make it, one end or the other just neatly drops off! >:(  I was whacking on some kind of chert, or flint, that was in one of those buckets, and it is some kinda tough stuff.  But I was able to get a point out of it.  Not nearly as thin as I would like it to be, but functional.  Soooo I was thinking if that stuff is that tough, it should behave when I try to make a knife point out of it!  8)  Dang Shannon, you sure have learned just way too much, in such a short time.  I have never see chalcedony before, and would not recognize from any other rock.  Anyway, enjoy the bar b que, and free rock...... ;D  I hope you get home before they notice that thier rock garden has had some kind of varmint in it...... ;D  And maybe show some of the locals, what you have, and are looking for, maybe they can point you to a mother lode......Now that Cowboy woke up, and checked his e-mail, maybe as a show of good sportsmanship, he can run a load of the good stuff down to you..... ::)  You could buy him a bar b qued sandwhich, and a beer...... ;D  Oh what the hell, get him a shot of Mescal and some hot peppers to go with it! ::)
Maybe we can invite ol Bone Pile over, and we can have a beer, and rock knapping and whack party...... ;D  If Claude hasn't left by the time you get back, maybe we can have few beers at his soon to be former residence, then we can start helping him clean up the yard...... ;)
                                                                   Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2010, 02:27:34 pm »
 Wayne, I don't know when I'm leaving Texas, but when I get home I'm leaving for Brazil pretty quick. The rock will be in my back yard. You know where, go get some if I'm not home.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2010, 10:08:00 pm »

Mullet, what and have Kathy shoot my tresspassing butt?  Nah, I can wait till you get home.  I can wait to make gravel out of it for a while....I still have some stuff here to cuss at. ;D  I would like to see Claude before he leaves, if he hasn't gone already.  man, you need to get paid for inconvenience.  No Turkey hunting...... :'(  Well if you are out there long enough, maybe Paul can get down to where you are, and take you to the good spots.  Hey, Bone pile, do you know the dates for the Dade City knapp in, and the address?  Thanks......                                             
                                                                            Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2010, 10:32:30 pm »
 Wayne, the dates were posted in another thread.  I think it's the weekend of Feb. 19, 20, 21.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2010, 10:39:05 pm »

Thanks, now I just need the address, so I can put it in my GPS.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2010, 10:49:44 pm »
 Withlacoochee River Park in Dade City.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2010, 11:06:55 pm »
Nice looking points Eddie, Man I would love to find some stone like that.
Traverse City, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2010, 11:51:12 pm »
 Thanks, Rick. The rock is in Texas, ask Cowboy. ::) ;D ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2010, 02:32:03 am »
gee....too bad that you can't swing by here...and pick up that Oven...and then you could cook that whole mess at once......... ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2010, 02:42:38 am »
 Whew, a long way to drive. :)
Lakeland, Florida