Author Topic: MOLLEGABET style Guava bow  (Read 19167 times)

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

Re: MOLLEGABET style Guava bow
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 04:32:41 pm »
Thanks,... ;D ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline tombo

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 08:16:56 pm »
You have good bend in those tips Manny. I like the design !
Aloha, Tom

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 08:41:59 pm »
Been wondering where you been at.  As always, perfect tiller.  I wish I could buy the ability. 
Westminster, MD

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 07:29:14 pm »
Thanks guys.

yeah Tom I really don't like the look of those long super stiff levers, so I tryied to get it bending a bit all the way, ...can't take credit for the upper limb since it has a bid of  a deflexed section  ;)
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline tombo

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 12:22:27 am »
I think you get more power from bending those levers. I can't imagine the old folks not making them that way. They do seem to shoot real smooth don't they?
Tom

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 02:27:32 pm »
I think you get more power from bending those levers. I can't imagine the old folks not making them that way. They do seem to shoot real smooth don't they?
Tom

to be completly honest with you,.......... I have no clue if you get more power or not   :D :D ??? the more tech guys would be able to answer thet question

bowmaking for me is about proportions and pleasing the eye, and just can't stand the look of those surer long and stiff levers  ;D ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Parnell

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 02:47:25 pm »
Hey Manny,

Have you used casuarina wood - here in Florida it's called Australian Pine?  Don't know if it's growing there...
1’—>1’

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 06:22:49 am »
Hey Manny,

Have you used casuarina wood - here in Florida it's called Australian Pine?  Don't know if it's growing there...

We call it Ironwood here, those are my favorite hunting forests, great transition areas, easy to recognise trails and rubs, one of the few areas that are not to thick and can actually take a shot of them porkers :) if you look at my hunting photos most are in Australian pine forests
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline Gordon

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2010, 11:26:30 am »
bowmaking for me is about proportions and pleasing the eye, and just can't stand the look of those surer long and stiff levers

I couldn't agree more with you Manny. I don't normally care for this style bow, with those extra thick and long levers for tips and all that strain concentrated near the handle. But I like you interpretation. It spreads the strain across a larger area and keeps the weight of the tips to a minimum. Well done!
Gordon

Offline Barrage

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2010, 12:02:50 pm »
I agree with Gordon, your Manny-ized version looks great.  Very nice. 
And I have to say, you still have some of the best fade to handle transitions out there.  You've got an eye for making it all flow together.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 08:33:38 pm by Barrage »
Travis

Offline gmc

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2010, 01:05:50 pm »
Most of the bows that I see posted with this design are stressing a lot out of the handle area. Really makes one wonder how they hold up long term to all the stress. I'm not wondering about this one, nor the speed either.

I think you may have re calibrated the tiller for everyone with this one.
Central Kentucky

Offline Kegan

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2010, 07:38:48 pm »
This reminds me of the bow Little John won bow of the month with in the first PA I ever read. Light tips, but bending slightly. If I remember he said it was pretty fast :)

If I'm not mistaken, Tim Baker also wrote that you should get the tips just bending, to make sure you don't have excess mass.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2010, 06:38:40 am »
Ho, but thank you very much, those are real nice posts,...thanks again
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII