Author Topic: Tillered Bow  (Read 7395 times)

Offline Badger

Re: Tillered Bow
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 01:22:23 pm »
Mike, I wished I could have used that when I was writing the chapter in tb4, I was struggling trying to get good drawings. Steve

Offline elk country rp

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 01:27:01 pm »
I guess that since I have been asked Numerous Times to do this....I am going to have to do a How - To on This...or Maybe even an Article for the Magazine...to show how to Use it on Most...if Not All Tillered Bows...Only Problem I would have ....I would need some Pictures...and permission to Alter them...I don't have a Bow for every Tiller.......Not Yet anyways....... >:D

feel free to use any of my pics, El D!

Offline sailordad

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 01:51:36 pm »
ya know you can use any of mine that you may stumble across too
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline barebo

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 02:18:06 pm »
Looks like a fine shooter there, and being able to learn and have ideas and techniques passed back and forth is what it's all about.
One thing that I really appreciate here is that I never get a sense of "my Dog's bigger than Your's". Looks like the "tool" you've borrowed works great - nice tiller for sure.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 02:19:11 pm »
Mike, I wished I could have used that when I was writing the chapter in tb4, I was struggling trying to get good drawings. Steve

Well Steve....there is always TBBvol.5....... ;)..I would be Honored if You did......... O:)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Lombard

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 02:34:11 pm »
Ryan, it is a White Ash board bow, 66 inches nock to nock, pulling fifty pounds at twenty eight inches. The unbraced photo is what it looks like after two hunderd arrows.

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2010, 03:54:30 pm »
Got your fine weapon bookmarked for February Self Bow of the Month. Nice work. Whie ash should be a great bow wood.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 04:22:04 pm by OldBow »
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2010, 04:18:22 pm »
Any idea what wood you used? ???

Ryan, it is a White Ash board bow, 66 inches nock to nock, pulling fifty pounds at twenty eight inches. The unbraced photo is what it looks like after two hunderd arrows.

;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Frode

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2010, 05:32:17 pm »
Lombard, Very nice!  I Like it!
El D, I think that would be a great how-to, feel free to use anything that might help.
Frode
If it doesn't rap the lintel, it might not be a longbow.