Author Topic: Argus Pheasant feathers...where to get them??  (Read 5523 times)

Offline billy

Argus Pheasant feathers...where to get them??
« on: February 19, 2010, 04:41:24 pm »
Well, I saw the post about pheasant feathers and I finally got the answer to a question I've had for the last 10 years.  I saw some pictures of some incredible feathers that were on some arrows about 10 years ago and always wondered what kind of feathers they were....and I finally found out!  So they were Argus Pheasant feathers!  Now...where the hell do you get them?  I want me some argus pheasant feathers.....NOW!!!  Any idea where to get them??
Marietta, Georgia

Cacatch

Re: Argus Pheasant feathers...where to get them??
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 05:02:38 pm »
Don't know if you have it in Georgia, but I've bought fletching quality pheasant tail feathers before at Hobby Lobby in Indiana.  I think there were 6 in a pack for about $3.49. But I did have to look through the packs a bit to try to find the best consistency in the feathers, some were a tad smaller or larger.  I don't know if these were Argus Pheasant or what kind of pheasant, but I know they are pheasant.

CP

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 05:16:30 pm »
Billy, Crazy Crow has them.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 05:41:16 pm »
Sometimes you can find them on ebay:

cgi.ebay.com/Argus-Pheasant-Wing-Feathers-Beautifully_W0QQitemZ260555408973QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3caa50064d

Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 12:47:51 pm »
If anyone wants common pheasant tails for fletching, I bet you could get them in 20 lb bales from game processors here in South Dakota during pheasant season!  Do an internet search for pheasant hunting lodges and guides on the internet and make a couple of calls.  Game farms are still open for pheasant shooting (I refuse to call it hunting since they release your pen raised birds just after you write the check) at this time and you may still be able to score some tails.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline billy

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 02:53:34 pm »
THANKS GUYS...i'LL CHECK OUT ALL THOSE SUGGESSTIONS.  Woah....musta had Caps Lock on. 
Marietta, Georgia