Author Topic: Life is good  (Read 4705595 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Life is good
« Reply #10185 on: January 02, 2014, 10:42:56 am »
Like I said a great vacation,thought yall might want to see some pictures of the fun over the week. GregB started the week with some knife making,then Megan and Logan love the fire and help what they can keeping the wood pile up. A couple of Christmas gifts to me from Dan and Burn um up Chuck.Thanks guys. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10186 on: January 02, 2014, 10:48:13 am »
Will's snaky stave in the works,it is the sister to the one I built a year or so ago,it is looking good. Some picking around the fire.Michael and his better half. ;) :) Chuck working on another stave and one of Will's creations,very nice work.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10187 on: January 02, 2014, 10:53:39 am »
Chuck's stave on and off the form. ;) Turned out nice. Some stuff being prepaired for Rocky's bow. ;) Getting some Coal's ready for supper. :) Hickory Staves brought up from our stash to start getting blanks ready for the Classic. ;) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:46:33 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10188 on: January 02, 2014, 11:00:47 am »
Chuck splitting some year old Osage. Nice stuff. ;) :) Hickory with the belly's split off and ready to lay out some bow blanks. :) Should get 6 or 7 from these 2 pieces if all goes well. :-\ Skinning Rocky's bow,turned out nice. :) Sally found something else to chew up,always something with that dog. :o Chuck working on some nocks and getting ready to start tillering. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10189 on: January 02, 2014, 11:05:34 am »
Rocky's skins finished. Megan came to visit. ;) :) Supper the first night,venison stew. Yum Yum. :) Brains in the bucket thawing,getting ready to do some tanning. :) Yankee's show up the day after Christmas. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10190 on: January 02, 2014, 11:12:29 am »
Chuck scores the first morning out with his hole in the limb bow.110 lb doe and made a great shot. :) Bear roast the 2nd night for supper. :) Blending the deer brains getting them ready to tan with. :) Trimming the brim on my new Beaver hat GlennM gave me,thanks Glenn.I love it and man is it warm. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10191 on: January 02, 2014, 11:16:17 am »
Appetizers every night from GlennM,he is the man. :) Some more picking.Some bow work and also some wood cutting,even the yanks got into the action. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10192 on: January 02, 2014, 11:21:42 am »
Lots of friends hanging out over the week. :) BigA and his Grandson and family in for Christmas. Some tip over lay work on a new Hickory bow. :) Will and a new guy that wants to learn how to build bows,he is from Miss. but in in Nashville every weekend,Prefect. ;) :) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10193 on: January 02, 2014, 11:26:58 am »
Will and me twisting up some backy. ;) :) More meat for the freezer. :) Tree rats.
Kevin getting our saws in shape with the new sharper we bought.  ;) Gary and Davy spiltting some 15 year old Osage.Nice reflex in it. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10194 on: January 02, 2014, 11:31:33 am »
More splitting.Will chasing a ring on another snaky Osage and Gary getting ready to splice some billets. More fire wood on the ground ready to be split. Will shooting his snake bow for the first time,shoots nice. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10195 on: January 02, 2014, 11:38:31 am »
Me shooting Will's snake bow and also Rocky's bow,they both perform very nice and hit where you look. :) Grip and shelf on Rocky's bow,note the Orange and white beads[Go Vols] ;) ;D ;D ;D GlennM scores big on the tree rats and possum. ;) :) Miss Joanie said if you can't shoot what you want then I guess just kill what you see. :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10196 on: January 02, 2014, 11:47:18 am »
Me skinning Glenn's possum [got a possum in my pocket] Jon wanted the hide for string silencers. :) Fun around the fire after a long day. :) Gary still hard at it,he hasn't had much time lately to work on bows so he took advantage of his time at the Cabin. :) Me working one of my hides. :) :) Some gifted staves,Gary gave me one of the high reflex one and Burn Um up Chuck gave the small diameter one.Both very nice.Thanks guys.  ;) :)
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:54:38 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10197 on: January 02, 2014, 11:51:14 am »
Davy trimming out a stave. :)Gary tillering his grandson a new bow. :) :) Gator for supper,man that stuff is good,makes me want to go back for more. :) ;) hint hint Eddie. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:55:57 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10198 on: January 02, 2014, 12:01:42 pm »
Glenn and Davy with some of their specialty's to go with the Gator,also Gary made some mighty fine spaghetti,I knew he could do more than make bows,  ;) ;D ;D
Then when I get home I had a gift waiting from Steve[seabass] a nice holster for my little pocket gun,it fit great.Thanks Steve,I really appreciate it.Also my new hat from GlennM. It was a great week with some friends that I don't get to see much and some I see all the time,Hard to beat the fun/food/hunting/shop work and fellowship I got to share with them. Hope every one had a great Christmas and a very prosperous New Year. Life is good .  ;) :) :)
  Pappy
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:58:14 am by Pappy »
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #10199 on: January 02, 2014, 03:29:47 pm »
You guys sure do eat good down there.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left